- "Sir, one rebel ship escaped the blockade."
- ―Woldar, to Grand Admiral Thrawn
A human male officer in the Galactic Empire's Navy, Woldar was a commander in the Seventh Fleet and often reported to Thrawn. In 2 BBY, during the Battle of Atollon, Woldar was present on the bridge of the Chimaera, and reported to Thrawn that a ship had escaped their blockade. Although all the rebels eventually escaped, their base was destroyed.
A year later, Woldar was aboard the Chimaera during the Attack on Lothal. When General Hera Syndulla's Rebel Alliance strike force of T-65B X-wing starfighters emerged from hyperspace, Woldar counted 24 ships. In response, Thrawn deployed several TIE fighters including the new TIE/D Defender Elite prototype to intercept the intruders. After Syndulla steered Commander Vult Skerris' TIE Defender Elite into an Imperial light cruiser and a Star Destroyer, Woldar reported the damage to the Grand Admiral. Thrawn expressed regret but praised General Syndulla's skills as a combat pilot. Thrawn then ordered a second wave of TIE interceptors to intercept General Syndulla's surviving fighters.
Personality and traitsEdit
Commander Woldar was a human male with red hair and light skin.
Behind the scenesEdit
Woldar shared a character model with different Imperial officers, which first appeared in the Star Wars Rebels Season Three episode "Iron Squadron" which aired on November 19, 2016. One of the character models, Woldar, was first identified in the end credits of Zero Hour which first premiered on Disney XD on March 25, 2017. He was voiced by Steve Blum, who also voiced the protagonist Garazeb Orrelios and many others in the series.
In Season Four, Woldar's character model continued to be used to fill in several background Imperial officers. In "In the Name of the Rebellion", the model was used three different times for three unrelated characters, including for Captain Wells.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Assault"
- ↑ The events of this article take place in or after Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow, which is the first known episode to take place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin (2 BBY). As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see 's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"