- "I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters."
- ―Luke Skywalker to Wedge Antilles
Womp rats were creatures native to Tatooine. Considered to be a pest, they nested in the desert and would sometimes gather in swarms to attack the inhabitants of Tatooine. The smell of dead womp rats was known to attract Krayt dragons. During the Clone Wars, when Anakin Skywalker was having trouble getting information out of Dr. Nuvo Vindi, Obi-Wan Kenobi told him to have patience, as there was "more than one way to skin a womp rat."
Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, when Wedge Antilles protested that the two-meter target on the Death Star was impossible to hit, even for a computer, Luke Skywalker countered that he used to "bulls-eye" womp rats in his T-16 Skyhopper back home and that they were not much bigger than two meters.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons" (Mentioned only)
- Tarkin (Mentioned only, in chapter title)
- Star Wars 7: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi: "The Last of His Breed" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 15: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 2: Skywalker Strikes, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 11: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part IV (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku" (Mentioned only)