The catamaran was named for the oevvaor, a predatory marine reptile that prowled the coasts of Kashyyyk. The hulls of the craft were very tough, as they were handcrafted from the wood of wroshyr trees.
The craft was also extremely quick and agile. They were powered by a compact twin repulsorlift, that provided lift for atmospheric flight, while also helping to decrease the overall mass of the catamaran, and a pair of podracer-style engines provided the forward thrust. Finally, a pair of rudders located at the end of each hull provided steering in both the air and the water.
The catamaran was not designed for combat in mind, as it was originally a sports and fishing craft. It was pressed into military service as a response to Confederacy's invasion of Kashyyyk. As a consequence, it was lightly armored and lacked any weaponry.
During the battle the passengers were equipped with their own personal bowcaster or blaster cannon, which could be supported on a small mount that was retrofitted on the craft for the purpose of stabilizing these weapons when firing.
Oevvaor catamarans were later employed to repel Imperial invasion forces during the early years of the Empire. Many catamarans had been retrofitted with missile launchers and repeating blasters following the end of the Separatist invasion.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- LEGO Star Wars: Revenge of the Brick (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Republic: Hidden Enemy
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed game
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- "Ground Assault"—Star Wars Insider 83
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 30