- "Repairs completed sir. Just need to load fuel and ammo."
"Fuel, ammo, and Wookiee Cookies for Chewie."
- ―A Resistance worker and Han Solo discuss supplies for the Millennium Falcon
Wookiee Cookies were a type of flat, round Wookiee food which was also edible by other species in the galaxy, including humans and Sullustans. The cookies were favored by the Wookiee warrior Chewbacca, and he was known to carry some on the starship Millennium Falcon.
- "I'm going to give her the once over before we take off. You concentrate on those supplies."
"Don't forget who the general is around here."
- ―Han Solo and Leia Organa, on supplies for the Millennium Falcon
Wookiee Cookies were favored by the human Rebel Alliance general Lando Calrissian and his Sullustan co-pilot Nien Nunb when they fought against the Galactic Empire during the Battle of Endor in the year 4 ABY. The two were eating the cookies aboard the Millennium Falcon—the smuggler-turned-rebel Han Solo's freighter—while they were on their way to attack the Death Star's main reactor.
Around thirty years later, Solo and his Wookiee friend Chewbacca traveled to the planet Twon Ketee in order to capture full-grown Rathtars for King Prana. After successfully capturing one, Chewbacca teased the ravenous beast with a jar of Wookiee Cookies and the creature was punished with an electric shock as it attempted to take the jar using its tentacle.
Some time later in 34 ABY, Han Solo and Chewbacca were reunited with General Leia Organa, leader of the Resistance and Solo's estranged wife, and together they went to the Resistance base on D'Qar. As the Millennium Falcon was preparing to take off for the Resistance assault on the First Order's Starkiller Base, Solo asked Organa and the ex-stormtrooper Finn, along with the droids C-3PO and BB-8, to find some Wookiee Cookies for Chewbacca. They managed to find some within the base's supply stores and loaded them into the starship. During the battle, Chewbacca left behind a trail of Wookiee Cookies for Finn and the Force-sensitive scavenger Rey that led them to the Falcon following their duel with the dark warrior Kylo Ren.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "We have one mission where, jokingly, we have to get Wookiee Cookies for Chewie and, unbelievably, we managed to get Harrison Ford to say 'Wookiee Cookies.' That's still one of the highlights of Graham [Goring]'s career and mine, that we managed to get Harrison Ford to say that."
- ―Jamie Eden, game director for LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Wookiee Cookies first appeared in the non-canonical LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens video game, released in 2016. The cookies were originally introduced in the 1978 television film The Star Wars Holiday Special as "Wookiee-ookiees," which is now considered as part of the Star Wars Legends continuity. In the film, Lumpy, Chewbacca's son, was fond of the Wookiee-ookiees made by his mother Malla. Wookiee-ookiees became popular among Star Wars fans, spawning recipes for real-life Wookiee cookies.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (First appearance)