|Wookiee dual missile turret|
|Physical and technical specifications|
| Usage and history
- "In the upper levels of each of the four bays you'll find a Wookiee dual missile turret. Only with the combined firepower of all four turrets do we have the slightest chance of taking down this juggernaught"
- ―CC-01/425 advises Delta Squad on taking down a Separatist Cruiser
The Wookiee dual missile turret, or Wookiee dual launcher, was a defensive anti-air emplacement created individually by Wookiee turret crafters during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The turret contained two explosive warhead-tipped missiles in as many tubes. It had a slow rate of fire, but was able to pierce the hull of a starship, so the launcher was perfectly suited to defend Wookiees from Trandoshan or CIS forces. In 19 BBY, several turrets were used by the clone commandos of Delta Squad to destroy a Separatist cruiser during their mission to the planet Kashyyyk.
The Wookiee dual missile turret, also known as the Wookiee dual launcher, was a defensive anti-aircraft turret that saw use during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Each turret was crafted individually by Wookiee turret crafters, and had a large flat square shaped base with a stand on one side. Connected to the stand was a raised platform for a single gunner to stand, who would defend their position from aerial assault from either Trandoshan or Separatist assault. The stand continued upwards, with two small physical barriers, all of which was brown with gold highlights. Connected to the shields on either side were two large, gray missile launch tubes, which faced in the same direction as the gunner. Each tube contained a powerful missile that had an explosive warhead tip. The launcher had a slow rate of fire, though the missiles could pierce the hull of a starship, and with repeated fire, could even destroy a cruiser.
In 19 BBY, during the Clone Wars, the clone commandos of Delta Squad used multiple dual turrets to destroy a Confederate Recusant-class light destroyer in their deployment to Kashyyyk during the battle on that planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Wookiee dual launcher was first featured on the Republic Commando video game website, before appearing in the game's release in 2005 where it was identified as a Wookiee dual missile turret. This name was also used in the game's official guide, which had small descriptions of various weapons that appeared in-game.
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (First appearance) (First identified as Wookiee dual missile turret)
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel (Indirect mention only)
- (First mentioned) (First identified as Wookiee dual launcher)
- Republic Commando: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Republic Commando: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 Star Wars: Republic Commando
- ↑ Republic Commando: Hard Contact designates the clone commando squads, including Delta Squad, as part of Special Operations Brigade.
- ↑ Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel places the events on Kashyyyk as 1,088 days (19 BBY) after the First Battle of Geonosis, which The New Essential Chronology places at 22 BBY.