Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "In the upper levels of each of the four bays you'll find a Wookiee dual missile turret. Only with the combined firepower of all four turrets do we have the slightest chance of taking down this juggernaught [sic]."
- ―CC-01/425 advises Delta Squad on taking down a Separatist Cruiser
The Wookiee dual missile turret, or Wookiee Dual Launcher, was a defensive anti-air emplacement individually produced by Wookiee turret crafters and employed during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The turret contained two explosive warhead-tipped missiles in as many launch tubes. It had a slow rate of fire but could pierce the hull of a starship, making the launcher perfectly suited to defend Wookiees from Trandoshan or Separatist forces. In 19 BBY, the clone commandos of Delta Squad used several Wookiee dual missile turrets to destroy a Separatist cruiser during their mission to the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk.
The Wookiee dual missile turret, also known as the Wookiee Dual Launcher, was a defensive anti-aircraft turret individually manufactured by Wookiee turret crafters. It had a flat base with a raised gunnery platform, from which a single operator could defend a position from aerial assault while protected by two physical shields, both colored brown with gold highlights. Two large, gray launch tubes fired explosive warhead-tipped missiles. The launcher suffered from a slow rate of fire, though the powerful missiles could pierce the hull of a starship and, with repeated fire, could even destroy a cruiser. The turret was most effective against large flying targets rather than ground units.
The Wookiee dual missile turret saw use during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, with the Republic-aligned Wookiees using the emplacements to defend against Trandoshan or Separatist aerial assaults. During the conflict, in 19 BBY, the clone commandos of the Republic's Delta Squad were deployed to the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk, where they employed multiple Wookiee dual missile turrets to destroy a Separatist Recusant-class light destroyer.
Behind the scenesEdit
The turret was first featured on the Star Wars: Republic Commando video game website, where it was named a "Wookie Dual Launcher," including the misspelling of "Wookiee." With the game's release in 2005, it was then identified as a Wookiee dual missile turret, this name also being used in the game's strategy guide, which provided small descriptions of the game's various weapons.
Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel, which ties in with Star Wars: Republic Commando's events on the planet Kashyyyk, describes the Wookiee emplacement as a turbolaser battery with a seat instead of a standing platform for the gunner, as depicted in the Republic Commando game.
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (First appearance) (First identified as Wookiee dual missile turret)
- (First mentioned) (as Wookiee Dual Launcher)
- Star Wars: Republic Commando: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Republic Commando: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 Star Wars: Republic Commando
- ↑ Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel places Star Wars: Republic Commando's events on Kashyyyk 1,088 days after the First Battle of Geonosis, which "Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:24"—Star Wars Insider 84 and The New Essential Chronology respectively date to c. 13:5:21 in 22 BBY. According to The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 312 ("Galactic Standard Time"), Galactic Standard Time was based on Coruscant's solar cycle, which lasted 368 days, according to The Essential Atlas. Therefore, the Republic Commando events on Kashyyyk correspond to the year 19 BBY.