This is a page for requesting work to be done by a bot. This is an appropriate place to simply put ideas for bots.
Please add your bot requests to the bottom of this page.
If you are a bot operator and you complete a request, note what you did, and archive it. Requests that are no longer relevant should also be archived in a timely fashion.
Tusken Raiders Edit
I'd like to request everything in Category:Sand People be moved to "Category:Tusken Raiders," since "Tusken Raiders" is the more formal name for the species. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 05:44, October 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Same should probably be done for Category:Sand Person culture. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 05:46, October 21, 2012 (UTC)
X-wing vs. X-Wing Edit
(Hopefully this page is still monitored by bot owners). Modify links to source material that use "X-wing" (lowercase "w") to use "X-Wing" (uppercase "W"). - Esjs (Talk to me) 20:29, June 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Seems like a task for RoboCade. AJTD6 now primarily handles custom solutions to more complex issues, and Culator and Grunny (the operators of the other two general-purpose bots here) aren't very active these days.
Master Jonathan Council Chambers 01:19 UTC Thu June 12, 2014
Not sure if a bot could do this, but it'd definitely beat doing it manually... Many links in Template:CCG are broken, possibly due to the hosting site rearranging the directories. Comparison of the links are as follows:
The changes are:
- Capitalization of the release edition (JabbasPalace vs jabbaspalace)
- inclusion of side in with the hyphenation (Premiere-Light vs premiere/light)
- change from "/images/" to "/large/"
Other than that the links are fine. The only issue I can see is the bot distinguishing where to capitalize the edition, which will still break the link if not done (but could possibly be still done with an switch case statement). Thanks guys! Manoof (talk) 04:58, February 17, 2015 (UTC)
- If you can give me a complete list identifying all of the editions, how they were previously given in URLs, and how they are now capitalized (since I am not familiar with the CCG), I can fix this. Also, am I correct in assuming that the only sides are "light"→"Light" and "dark"→"Dark"? —MJ— Training Room 10:37, February 17, 2015 (UTC)
- light and dark is correct. I'll just give the section of URL with the faction (so Light or Dark goes after)
|Expansion||old URL||new URL|
|A New Hope Limited||anewhope/||ANewHope-|
|Cloud City Limited||cloudcity/||CloudCity-|
|Jabba's Palace Limited||jabbaspalace/||JabbasPalace-|
|Special Edition Limited||specialedition/||SpecialEdition-|
|Death Star II Limited||deathstar2/||DeathStarII-|
|Theed Palace Limited||theedpalace/||TheedPalace-|
- Apologies for the delay, as I've been bitten by the cleaning bug recently. The bot is now running. I do want to point out two things: first, attempting to access cards through these links will produce an "access denied" error message, as the site does not allow deep-linking to images. This can usually be bypassed by clicking in the address bar (thereby putting the focus on it) and hitting "Enter". I'll add a note about this to the template page. Second, it appears that some images may have been renamed; I just performed some spot-checks on the bot's work and had to fix two ( ). —MJ— Council Chambers 04:35, February 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Also, check your list above for completeness. On Bail Prestor Organa, the bot matched and changed one link, but failed to recognize the other three below it due to their use of "ls" instead of "light" or "dark". Is this an error on the part of whoever added the links to the article, or do I need to make another bot run accounting for that (and if so, what do I change it to)?
- The above request has not been fulfilled, however I would like to add to it: all links to "Jabba" should be changed to "Jabba Desilijic Tiure/Canon", and all links to "Gorga" should be changed to "Gorga Desilijic Aarrpo/Canon". Thank you! Cevan (talk) 22:52, August 28, 2015 (UTC)
Star Wars: The Official Magazine Edit
As mentioned on its talk page, Star Wars: The Official Magazine has been long misnamed Star Wars Magazine UK on Wookieepedia. I've moved the main page, but the individual issues still live under the incorrect name, and should be moved en masse. Thank you. Asithol (talk) 21:01, November 28, 2015 (UTC)