Considerations from Meeting 39Edit
This article was placed on probation because there has been a lack of maintenance on the article and its current state is entirely different than that which originally passed review. Some of the information and rewrite practices have warranted consideration to weed out potential speculation/OR along with bringing the prose up to the present high standards needed to pass an Inquisitorius review. Over the next month (before the fortieth meeting), the Inquisitorius will begin to probe the article more thoroughly. Below are some preliminary considerations.
Things to doEdit
Further expansion will unfold as the Inquisitorius continues its formal review. All Inquisitorius members are asked to contribute to this review.
- Pasta bowl appetizers:
- Introduction needs major expansion
- The first section needs cleanup
- Short 'paragraphs' need to be merged
- Grammatical fails like ill-placed adpositional and adverbial clauses or subclauses need to be fixed
- The reader needs to have the two parts of the form clearly disambiguated and why they are considered one clearly defined
- Mood/tense issues throughout
- The 'description' and 'application' sections should be defined based upon those two headers and not so similar. There's too much overlap of description of the form in the application section, etc.
- The application seems to have speculation and OR throughout it. Please clearly define the sources for each instance that explicitly indicate the from or maneuver associated with the form.
- 'Known moves and maneuvers' should be in the description section.
- 'Lightsaber design' should be the header of that section only, and its relation to Shien should be noted.
- Much of this section sounds like OR and needs to be thoroughly checked and confirmed. Just because someone used a form (some used multiple) does not mean their lightsaber was built specifically for it. I am personally not buying some of the sourcing tags on this page in general.
- BTS needs cleanup.
- The last paragraph of the BTS is a head-scratcher:
- Clarify the Sidious stuff if it is even relevant
- Remove the speculation by fans unless it can be sourced; properly source who addresses it.
- The Jedi Exile comments need clarification. Is this in-game information? How has this been assumed or derived? Is it even true or worth having here?
- All this was from a preliminary review and not a thorough reading. This article needs a great deal of work, and I will personally vote for removal at the next meeting if I do not see it progress substantially. It should, frankly, undergo an entire new round of voting. — Fiolli; 15:24, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
Removal of FA statusEdit
- Placed on probation based upon 'Inquisitorius Review Redux' rules at Meeting 39.
- Sent to redux per Meeting 40.
- I've reverted a large number of the edits made after 12 November 2010, which should have improved the quality of the article. I also went through it and spruced up the prose somewhat. The intro was expanded, BTS somewhat better, layout changes made. I'm pretty sure that this article still needs some work—although I got it through to FA, the original prose was largely not mine. I'm willing to put in the work on this one, but I didn't have time to do more than a quick patch-job to get it back to something I can start with.
Regarding the comment on "The reader needs to have the two parts of the form clearly disambiguated and why they are considered one clearly defined" . . . I've tried to disambiguate the two parts of the form as much as possible. There are some issues with some sources saying generic things about "Form V" without specifying the sub-variant. As to why they are considered one form, that's not canonically answerable AFAIK. Regarding the comment on the Jedi Exile, I tried to reword it, but I don't understand the source of the confusion. If you pick 2 of the classes, you learn Form V. If you learn the other, you don't. It's a clear possibility that the Exile learned Form V, but we can't say for sure without knowing which route she took canonically. Atarumaster88 (Talk page) 22:51, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
- This should be placed on the FA queue to be re-featured if it keeps its FA status. Menkooroo 14:58, June 19, 2011 (UTC)