Pablo Hidalgo is a well-known SW author, with The Essential Reader's Companion being his most recent publication. He was also Lucas Online's Inernet Content Manager (including starwars.com) until last year, and back before his days as a Lucasfilm employee, he managed the Star Wars Index fan site, which can be counted as a kind of precursor to Wookieepedia.
Pablo interacted with fans quite heavily on the sw.com forums back in the day, and nowadays he continues to do so on facebook --- I'm one of his facebook friends, as are a few other Wookieepedians as well. He'd be very easy to contact, and hopefully receptive to the idea. Additionally, if we talked about the Reader's Companion, it would be good publicity for him --- especially if we end up also posting the interview on Wookieepedia NewsNet (and consequently the Main Page) per the discussion here.
- Sounds like a great idea. —MJ— Comlink Thursday, October 18, 2012, 18:23 UTC
- Sure. We can ask him whose bright idea it was to tack on "Fel" as a second surname for Jaina. NaruHina Talk 18:28, October 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Go for it. Hopefully, you'll have better luck than I did. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 20:47, October 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Interviews are always very interesting, so let's try! --LelalMekha (talk) 20:54, October 18, 2012 (UTC)
- I think that without books, Star Wars would not be the powerful franchise it is today, besides, The Essential Reader's Companion is (aside from 'Plagueis') the best Star Wars product of the year. I am with you! Plagueis327 (talk) 20:57, October 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Pablo is an obvious choice as he is someone who has publicly acknowledged us in the Reader's Companion as being integral in assisting the greater cause of tying canon and timelines together. -- Riffsyphon1024 08:13, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Update: There was no response to the intial facebook message, but with the Episode VII announcement coming a week after I sent it, I can completely understand why. I just sent a followup; if I get a response, I'll post it here, and if not, I'll leave this thread be. Menkooroo (talk) 07:42, November 16, 2012 (UTC)