How to join the meeting
The Mofferences take place in our IRC channel, #wookieepedia on chat freenode.net.
Users who use the webchat gateway to attend the Mofference may experience considerable lag during the meeting, when there is more activity than usual in the channel, and so it is recommended that a chat client such as ChatZilla be used if you wish to participate effectively.
How it works
The Mofference acts like a series of small Consensus Track threads. Before the meeting, users are allowed to add agenda items that will be discussed. The process during the meeting is as follows:
- The proposer of the agenda item is voiced while the rest of the channel is muted. This allows the proposer to present their item without getting interrupted.
- The channel is unmuted and a discussion about the proposal ensues.
- After a short discussion about the proposal, a vote is started by an administrator. The vote is managed by an IRC bot written by Green tentacle, and voting is simple:
- ~support — supports the proposal
- ~oppose — opposes the proposal
- ~withdraw — withdraws your vote
- When the vote has been open for a small while, an administrator closes it and checks if consensus has been reached.
Note that only users who meet our Single-issue voters policy will be allowed to voice their opinion during the Mofference.
Discussion of Agenda items is to be held at the Mofference itself, with the exception of procedural comments by administrators and affected users. Comments added to Agenda items will likely be reverted by administration.
The next Mofference is scheduled for Sunday, May 17 at 0:00 UTC, which is Saturday, May 16 at 8 PM ET in North America.
This is the agenda for topic discussions at the Mofference. Everyone is welcome to add a topic to the list, which will be discussed and/or voted on by those present. Please keep in mind that should this list grow too long, some topics at the end of the list may be removed in the interest of time. Everyone is reminded that discussions on these topics should be reserved for the meeting and not discussed here.
- Rename Wookieepedia:Single-issue voters to Wookieepedia:Voting eligibility policy. The policy has evolved over the years from its original, single, simple requirement designed to ensure that people weren't here exclusively to vote on something, to what is now a collection of half a dozen rules, most of which are aimed more at requiring that anyone voting on something be a currently active member of the community. It's time for the title of the page to reflect that evolution. Shortcuts are up for discussion, but I suggest deprecating WP:SIV and instituting WP:VOTE and/or WP:VEP as the new shortcut(s). —MJ— Holocomm 06:09, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Creating a plan for Wookieepedia public relations. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 00:45, May 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Defining the role of Wikia Helpers on Wookieepedia. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 20:08, May 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Creating an image quality requirement for Wookieepedia:Comprehensive article nominations. Exiled Jedi (Greetings) 03:14, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Granting administrators Unlimited Power. Well, not really. But something along those lines. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 13:43, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Two minor amendments to the Talk page policy. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 23:03, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Putting an end to officially-sanctioned barn-burners. Exiled Jedi (Greetings) 18:23, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Updating our policy on Atlas star systems. Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 19:06, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Addendum to WP:NOT enabling simplified deletion of obvious dictionary articles. -- Darth Culator (Talk) 22:11, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Adopting a unique spoiler template specifically for The Force Awakens. The proposal can be found here. - Brandon Rhea(talk) 22:20, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Toprawa and Ralltiir (talk) 04:45, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Brandon Rhea(talk) 04:53, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- JorrelFraajic 05:10, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Supreme Emperor (talk) 05:29, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- ProfessorTofty (talk) 05:31, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- I can make some of it, but my schedule currently has me working at 6:30 Pacific. MasterFred(Whatever) 05:35, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- No guarantees, since I have some special events going on that day. But I'll try to be there. —MJ— Council Chambers 06:09, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- grunny@wookieepedia:~$ 06:22, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Corellian PremierThe Force will be with you always 13:39, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- IST THS TEH MOFFEREFERNECE?!?!? Cade Calrayn 13:44, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Exiled Jedi (Greetings) 22:19, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- IFYLOFD (Talk) 05:04, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
- 501st dogma(talk) 16:58, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Emperor Jarjarkine Senate Hall 19:48, May 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Will do my best to attend. -- Riffsyphon1024 04:43, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Will try my best. Hanzo Hasashi (talk) 23:16, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Should be able to show up. Ayrehead02 (talk) 08:16, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Culator is everywhere. Culator knows all and sees all. -- Darth Culator (Talk) 22:11, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Can't make it as I'll be out all day :( Manoof (talk) 08:19, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Night with the fam. Fe Nite (talk) 15:13, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- January 7, 2006 (PDF)
- January 16, 2006 (PDF)
- February 2, 2006 (PDF)
- February 28, 2006 (PDF)
- April 16, 2006 (Text)
- May 14, 2006 (PDF)
- August 19, 2006 (Text)
- November 10, 2006 (Text) (PDF)
- December 8, 2006 (Text) (PDF)
- February 23, 2007 (Text) (PDF)
- June 2, 2007 (Text)
- September 9, 2007 (Text) (PDF)
- January 5, 2008 (Text)
- August 23, 2008 (Text) (Minutes)
- January 25, 2009 (Text) (Minutes)
- July 26, 2009 (Text) (Minutes)
- April 2, 2011 (Text) (Minutes)
- February 12, 2012 (Text) (Minutes)
- November 11, 2012 (Text) (Minutes)
- June 23, 2013 (Text) (Minutes)
- January 26, 2014 (Text) (Minutes)
- June 29, 2014 (Text) (Minutes)
- May 17, 2015 (Text) (Minutes)