How to join the meeting
The Mofferences take place in our IRC channel, #wookieepedia on chat freenode.net.
Users who use the webchat gateway to attend the Mofference may experience considerable lag during the meeting, when there is more activity than usual in the channel, and so it is recommended that a chat client such as ChatZilla be used if you wish to participate effectively.
How it works
The Mofference acts like a series of small Consensus Track threads. Before the meeting, users are allowed to add agenda items that will be discussed. The process during the meeting is as follows:
- The proposer of the agenda item is voiced while the rest of the channel is muted. This allows the proposer to present their item without getting interrupted.
- The channel is unmuted and a discussion about the proposal ensues.
- After a short discussion about the proposal, a vote is started by an administrator. The vote is managed by an IRC bot written by Green tentacle, and voting is simple:
- ~support — supports the proposal
- ~oppose — opposes the proposal
- ~withdraw — withdraws your vote
- When the vote has been open for a small while, an administrator closes it and checks if consensus has been reached.
Note that only users who meet our Single-issue voters policy will be allowed to voice their opinion during the Mofference.
Discussion of Agenda items is to be held at the Mofference itself, with the exception of procedural comments by administrators and affected users. Comments added to Agenda items will likely be reverted by administration.
The next Mofference has not been scheduled yet.
This is the agenda for topic discussions at the Mofference. Everyone is welcome to add a topic to the list, which will be discussed and/or voted on by those present. Please keep in mind that should this list grow too long, some topics at the end of the list may be removed in the interest of time. Everyone is reminded that discussions on these topics should be reserved for the meeting and not discussed here.
- January 7, 2006 (PDF)
- January 16, 2006 (PDF)
- February 2, 2006 (PDF)
- February 28, 2006 (PDF)
- April 16, 2006 (Text)
- May 14, 2006 (PDF)
- August 19, 2006 (Text)
- November 10, 2006 (Text) (PDF)
- December 8, 2006 (Text) (PDF)
- February 23, 2007 (Text) (PDF)
- June 2, 2007 (Text)
- September 9, 2007 (Text) (PDF)
- January 5, 2008 (Text)
- August 23, 2008 (Text) (Minutes)
- January 25, 2009 (Text) (Minutes)
- July 26, 2009 (Text) (Minutes)
- April 2, 2011 (Text) (Minutes)
- February 12, 2012 (Text) (Minutes)
- November 11, 2012 (Text) (Minutes)
- June 23, 2013 (Text) (Minutes)
- January 26, 2014 (Text) (Minutes)
- June 29, 2014 (Text) (Minutes)