This is an archive page. Do not vote here.
This is a sub-page for quotes by Padmé Amidala that have previously been Quote of the Day.
- "So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."
- ―Padmé Amidala
―Queen Amidala, to the Galactic Senate
- Anakin: "You look different, Threepio."
- C-3PO: "Oh, it must be this disguise."
- Padmé: "No, Threepio. It's your new gold plating."
Anakin: "Gold plating?"
C-3PO: "Oh, yes! In the service of a senator, one must be presentable."
Anakin: "Well, let's see it."
C-3PO: "Here? Now? In this neighborhood?"
- ―C-3PO, showing his new frame to Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala[src]
- Padmé: "Politics is an ancient and noble calling. Without politicians our societies would descend into anarchy and chaos."
- Obi-Wan: "I thought they'd done that already. It certainly looked that way the last time I was in the Senate."
- Padmé: "I'm not claiming the system is perfect. Obviously there's room for improvement, when—"
- Obi-Wan: "A great deal of room, yes. Enough room to house about a dozen Republic warships, I'd say. Possibly two dozen. Maybe three."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala[src]
- Padmé: "The Chancellor's right, Senator. We'll be quite safe. He won several cups for airspeeder racing back on Naboo."
- Bail: "He did? I don't recall that being mentioned in the Senate."
- Palpatine: "Oh yes, what a useful recommendation for my candidacy. Likes to drive dangerous machines very fast."
- ―Senators Padmé Amidala and Bail Organa on the driving skills of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine[src]
―Queen Padmé Amidala, frustrated by how casually Qui-Gon Jinn gambled the fate of Naboo on the racing ability of a nine-year-old
―Padmé Amidala, to Anakin Skywalker, after his fall to the dark side
- Padmé: "Rumor has it you were hurt defending the spynet facility."
- Obi-Wan: "Is there no shred of idle gossip that escapes your attention?"
- Padmé: "None. Just tell me there weren't any lightsabers involved."
- Obi-Wan: "Anakin flew to the rescue before that became an issue."
- Padmé: "Of course he did. I believe that's his job description, isn't it?"
- Anakin: "It is. And I'm starting to think I should ask for a raise."
- Obi-Wan: "By all means you can ask."
- ―Padmé Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker[src]
- Padmé: "Are you allowed to love? I thought that was forbidden for a Jedi."
- Anakin: "Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is central to a Jedi's life. And so you might say that we are encouraged to love."
- ―Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker[src]
(The content of this page is current up to: May 31, 2013)