- "Why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for! Because it's the only thing that lasts."
- ―Gerald O'Hara
WookieeProject Astrography is a WookieeProject focused on improving the quality of Wookieepedia's articles on celestial bodies. This also includes general astrographic concepts such as sectors and galactic regions, as well as hyperlanes. The main goal of the project is to write and maintain Featured articles—recognized by the community as Wookieepedia's finest—but also Good articles, for subjects with less substantial available information. This is not to say other types of contributions (fact-checking, cleanup, etc.) are unwanted. Anything that improves quality is welcome.
If you have an interest in astrography, consider joining the project. Expect assistance from your fellow project members in reviewing articles and tracking down hard-to-find sources—basically anything we can do to help you write the best article possible.
Our main goal is to make sure Wookieepedia is a reliable, verifiable and excellent source of information about any and all celestial bodies in the Star Wars universe. To accomplish this, keep the following in mind:
- Ensure your prose has an encyclopedic tone. Try to avoid "play-by-play" summaries of events; this is especially out of place in articles covered by this project.
- Follow the Layout Guide for planets and moons. This format may or may not fit other types of articles, so feel free to alter the setup if necessary.
- Precise references—i.e. noting page numbers, chapters and volumes when referencing—is highly encouraged. The more precise, the more verifiable.
- Write about whatever interests you, but consider helping out with the current main focus.
- There is no huge pressure to churn out articles in this project. You are naturally more than welcome to work on other types of articles. Just try to sneak in a planet or moon once in a while!
Post your current project(s) here.
- Currently working on: Byss (Outer Rim Territories)
- Currently working on (and procrastinating on): Christophsis
- Grand Moff Tranner
- Currently working on: Humbarine
- A couple things: see my to do list here if you want to know
This crude map of the galaxy gives us a visual representation of the current crop of Featured and Good articles within our scope. Note that systems, sectors and regions are absent for now, and that far from all of these articles were written by members of this project.
Our main focus for now is writing a Featured or Good article for every grid on the map. There's 399 grids in total, 188 of which are currently unused. That's 211 grids for us to fill out!
|Deep Core||Core Worlds||Colonies||Inner Rim||Expansion Region||Mid Rim||Outer Rim||Hutt Space|| Unknown Regions|