- Welcoming new member, Dark Lord Trayus, to the project and welcoming back our project lead, Cylka.
- Discussion of cooperative efforts with WP:TOR including a forum for WP:KOTOR members to request info from the TOR material.
- New times and frequency of meetings; 6.00PM EST on Saturdays was favored with the frequency determined by monthly talk page messages.
- Focussing more on KOTOR II articles was suggested if members wanted to work on them.
- Cylka intends to reorganize the Master Lists with any help appreciated.
- Nayayen pointed out a listing of PDFs of the old WOTC web content.
- Soresu also pointed out a guide to working on KOTOR1 aricles, found here.
- Timestamps are at UTC+1
[01:06] <Jedi_Kasra> Anyway, welcome all to the meeting. [01:06] <DarthRage> Welcome back Cylka [01:06] <Cylka> Thank you. [01:06] <DarthRage> *applauds* [01:07] <DarthRage> What is first [01:07] <Jedi_Kasra> That's right. First off, I'm glad you're back Cylka, she's a more than capable leader, for those of you that don't know or haven't worked with her... [01:08] <Cylka> Thanks. :) [01:09] <Jedi_Kasra> Secondly, I'd like to take this opportunity to "officially" welcome our newest member, Darth Trayus, to the project. [01:09] <DarthRage> Welcome. [01:09] <Cylka> Welcome to the madness, Trayus. [01:09] <DarthTrayus> Why thank you :) [01:10] <DarthTrayus> I look forward to contributing to it [01:10] <Nayayen> You don't have to be crazy but it helps [01:10] <DarthRage> "Welcome to the Madhouse" [01:10] <Jedi_Kasra> He is, for those of you that don't know, the leader of the TOR project. Since the subject material has a lot to do with our project, expect to be working with the TOR project closely... [01:11] <Jedi_Kasra> And he's done work for the KOTOR project before, with Shaele Nuur, the Anti-Sith bill... [01:11] <DarthTrayus> I do have just a few words to say on the WP:TOR matter, but I'll bring that up in a bit. [01:12] <DarthTrayus> And thank you for that introduction :) too kind [01:12] <DarthRage> mmmm. Sounds handy. Welcome again. Trayus [01:12] <Cylka> Most definitely. I remember when we discussed incorporating TOR into KotOR. Before we even knew the scope of it. [01:12] <Jedi_Kasra> Trayus: You can say it now, if you like... [01:12] <DarthTrayus> Alright. [01:13] <DarthTrayus> Well I mentioned to Kasra a while back that I'd be interested in speaking to the members of WP:KotOR [01:13] <DarthTrayus> Regarding two things, in particular. First: I would like to formally invite you to participate in WP:TOR, whether as editors, writers, or reviewers [01:14] <DarthTrayus> You all have an incredible knowledge of the KotOR era, and myself and the rest of WP:TOR would be very grateful for your insight into the background of the TOR era [01:14] <DarthTrayus> Secondly: [01:15] <Soresu> I've got an interest in TOR Trayus. While I probably won't edit (don, I'll be there reviewing as many [01:15] <Soresu> noms as I can. [01:15] <Soresu> Fail type. [01:15] <Soresu> Sorry, go on [01:15] <Jedi_Kasra> I've been a member, working on Satele... [01:15] <DarthTrayus> As TOR is, in all respects, a spin-off of KotOR, I know there will be more connections between the two than simply Satele Shan and Taris [01:16] <Jedi_Kasra> And Revan and Malak? [01:16] <DarthTrayus> That being said, I would like to let you all know that I'll be organizing a forums section on the WP:TOR page rather soon, one of which will specifically cater to communication between the two projects. [01:16] <Cylka> Good idea. [01:16] <Nayayen> Ditto [01:16] <Tm_T> very good [01:16] <DarthTrayus> I understand that not all KotOR members are going to be able to pay whatever mothly fees there are to play the game, or purchase the books or comics [01:16] <Jedi_Kasra> Full support. [01:17] <DarthTrayus> so those of us in TOR will be able to provide information on subjects that appear or are mentioned in TOR that are really in your "jurisdiction" so to speak [01:17] <DarthTrayus> An information request page, if you will. [01:18] <Soresu> Thanks. We'll do likewise with our own page. [01:18] <Cylka> That would certainly help us. [01:18] <DarthRage> Well, I have a question. I do have a pretty good knowledge of KotOR, but I don't have any of the comics though I am working on that. You still want me to join? [01:18] <DarthTrayus> Similar to the WP:SWE requests page. [01:18] <Jedi_Kasra> This should work very well. I can say that I will not be able to access info in game. [01:18] <DarthTrayus> Any help is welcome [01:18] <Cylka> Rage, that is fine. [01:18] <Cylka> If you have questions about sources or such, others can help you. [01:19] <DarthRage> k. Just so everybody knows, I do have both KotOR games on pc working. [01:19] <Soresu> http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:WookieeProject_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic/Requests Trayus, if your members need our stuff, here's the place to ask. [01:19] <Cylka> The games and comics overlap only a little. [01:19] <DarthTrayus> Wonderful, thank you Soresu [01:19] <DarthRage> I know that it is hard to get a working copy on windows 7 or Vista [01:20] <Nayayen> Yes, 100%, yes. [01:20] <DarthTrayus> Hopefully our page will be helpful when it comes to updating your articles that are in danger of falling from status because of TOR mentions. [01:20] <Jedi_Kasra> Oh Trayus forgot about this, if you could make a list on this page of all the KotOR resources you have, that's be great. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:WookieeProject_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic/List_of_resources [01:20] <Cylka> I would like to join TOR game, but it will take some time. [01:20] <DarthTrayus> But that's all I have to say on the matter. [01:20] <DarthTrayus> Thanks for your time. [01:20] <Cylka> Thanks, Trayus. [01:20] <DarthTrayus> Oh, yes I will Kasra [01:21] <Jedi_Kasra> Thanks for bringing this up, Trayus, Very essential, this will be. [01:22] <Cylka> It's good to know that cooperation between the two projects will be simplified. [01:22] <Jedi_Kasra> OK, now, I'd like to hand the mike over to Lady Cylka... [01:22] <Cylka> Thank you, again. [01:22] <DarthRage> Hey Cylka, may I say another thing to trayus [01:22] <Jedi_Kasra> [polite bow] [01:22] <DarthTrayus> You're very welcome [01:22] <Cylka> Before we continue, I would like to thank Kasra for doing a great job while I was gone. [01:23] <Cylka> Sure, Rage. [01:23] <DarthRage> Hey Trayus, it would be very helpful too, to get that request in for your own IRC channel. That way if we can talk on there if we need help [01:23] <Jedi_Kasra> Thank you, Cylka. Anytime. [01:23] <DarthTrayus> Ah, yes Rage, I'll be doing that soon as well [01:23] <DarthTrayus> And I second Cylka's thanks [01:23] <DarthRage> It would really help. Okay continue [01:24] <Jedi_Kasra> I'm humbled, means a lot to me. [01:24] <Cylka> Hopefully this time I'll not have to take a leave for an extended period of time. [01:24] <Jedi_Kasra> Yes... [01:25] <Cylka> At least I don't have to worry that the project will be run into the ground if I'm not around. :P [01:25] <Jedi_Kasra> But if it happens, I'll hold things down, so to speak... [01:25] <Cylka> You guys did good things as a group and that is important. [01:26] <Cylka> If we can't work together than things will fall apart. [01:26] <Cylka> Then* [01:26] <Jedi_Kasra> True. [01:26] <DarthRage> If that does happen, I really think that Kasra can handle things until you get back. He did a great job. [01:26] <Cylka> Yes, he can. [01:26] <Nayayen> Having project IRC meetings is a massive help on the teamwork front. [01:26] <DarthRage> But needless to say, it is good to have you back Cylka [01:27] <Cylka> It's nice that the IRC meetings are working now. We tried to have them before, but it never gelled somehow. [01:27] <Jedi_Kasra> That's one thing I'd like to mention...the timing for them. [01:27] <Cylka> Sure. [01:27] <Jedi_Kasra> Once a month seems to work great. [01:27] <DarthRage> Yes, I agree [01:27] <Cylka> Mm. [01:27] <Jedi_Kasra> But is it too soon? [01:28] <Cylka> We can play it by ear. [01:28] <Jedi_Kasra> One meeting every three months is too long, imo, but once a month might be a little too soon. [01:28] <Jedi_Kasra> True. [01:28] <Soresu> Is everyone okay with the time, BTW? [01:28] <Cylka> If there isn't much to discuss, we can skip a month. [01:28] <Nayayen> This time is good for me. [01:29] <Tm_T> Soresu: definately not, it's past 3 am here :p [01:29] <DarthTrayus> Good for me. [01:29] <DarthTrayus> And I agree with Cylka. By ear is usually best. [01:29] <DarthRage> Well, I was talking to Xd and Tyber and they said that they wanted to attend, but it is really late for them there so they couldn't [01:29] <Jedi_Kasra> I'm in agreement with the current time, but as Cylka said just now, nothing to discuss, skip it. [01:30] <Soresu> We could move it earlier, I suppose. [01:30] <Cylka> Well, we'll see since an earlier time may conflict with AC meetings for me. [01:30] <DarthTrayus> I fear that having them once a month, regardelss of how important the content of the meeting is, will result in low attendance. [01:30] <Jedi_Kasra> If we held in at 5:00 PM EST on Saturdays. [01:30] <Cylka> I could do earlier as long as it's not on a AC meeting day. [01:31] <Nayayen> We can balance them so they don't clash [01:31] <DarthRage> mmm. Is 6:00 okay too? [01:31] <Soresu> I could do... maybe 2 hours earlier? Any earlier, and I might forget to wake up :) [01:31] <Jedi_Kasra> Soresu, does a 11-12:00 start time work? [01:32] <Soresu> What time zone? [01:32] <Cylka> The AC meetings are usually planned far in advance, so we should be able to plan them w/o problems. [01:32] <Jedi_Kasra> Yours. [01:32] <Soresu> Sure, but won't that be 5am for Tm? [01:32] <Soresu> The current start time here is 10am. [01:33] <Nayayen> I'd rather not have it later than now. It was 1AM for me. [01:33] |<-- Jedi_Kasra has left freenode (Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF)) [01:33] <Soresu> Yeah, I don't want to move it later. If anything, it should be earlier to accomodate for Tm, Xd, and Tyber. [01:34] <Cylka> What about 6 EST? [01:34] <Cylka> Or we could go earlier. [01:34] <Nayayen> That's 9.00PM UTC yes? [01:34] <Soresu> Is EST -5 or something? [01:34] -->| Jedi_Kasra (REDACTED) has joined #WP:KOTOR [01:35] <Jedi_Kasra> Sorry about that... [01:35] <Jedi_Kasra> Stupid Mcdonalds... [01:35] <Cylka> Yes, Soresu. [01:35] <Nayayen> Kasra. Cylka suggested 6 EST [01:35] <Jedi_Kasra> Works for me. [01:35] <Soresu> I'm good with that. [01:36] <Cylka> We can be flexible if need be. [01:36] <Jedi_Kasra> Very true. [01:36] <Soresu> Kasra: You're at McDonalds? :o [01:36] <DarthRage> Works for me too. [01:36] <Jedi_Kasra> Yeah...free wifi. [01:36] <Soresu> Haha. [01:36] <Cylka> We'll never find a perfect time for all, so we'll do the best that we can. [01:36] <Nayayen> I'm good for 6 EST. [01:37] <Cylka> K, are we good with the meeting times? [01:37] <DarthTrayus> Dammit Kasra, now I want fries. [01:37] <DarthTrayus> And I'm good with it Cylka [01:37] <DarthRage> Tm_T: what about you? Is it okay with you? [01:37] <Jedi_Kasra> LOL. Sorry dude. [01:37] <Nayayen> That works out roughly as 9 PM to 1 AM for Europe [01:37] <Cylka> Trayus, you were saying something about it not being good meeting once a month? [01:37] <Soresu> 9am in Australia. [01:38] <Tm_T> ye I'm ok [01:38] <Jedi_Kasra> I gotta go in a few minutes (: [01:38] <Jedi_Kasra> Pick up my brother... [01:38] <DarthRage> Bring me some fries. I am in Georgia [01:38] <Cylka> No worries Kasra. It;ll just be some minor stuff. [01:39] <DarthTrayus> Oh yea Cylka [01:39] <Tm_T> Cylka: meetings without anything to do -> ignorance towards future meetings [01:39] <Jedi_Kasra> Cool. [01:39] <DarthRage> Kasara: You want me to email you a log? [01:39] <DarthTrayus> Well I was agreeing with you: I don't really think its best to have meetings just because it's time to have one [01:39] <Soresu> I can see that as a potential problem. [01:39] <Cylka> Sure. That's why we can skip a month or two if need be. [01:39] <Jedi_Kasra> Sure. [01:39] <Tm_T> yes [01:40] <Nayayen> DarthRage: Tm said he'll put a log up on the project page [01:40] <DarthTrayus> The need for discussion should dictate when they are, not the calendar. I only say that because attendence tends to drop when the meetings become trivial [01:40] <Cylka> If someone feels the need for a meeting, they can bring it up on the forum. [01:40] <DarthTrayus> Sounds good [01:40] <Jedi_Kasra> Well, there's no point in having a meeting without anything to discuss... [01:40] <DarthRage> Besides the fact that you can get on this channel anyways and ask any questions [01:40] <Jedi_Kasra> But... [01:40] <Nayayen> Mainly when KOTOR articles are on the INQ/AC chopping block I guess. [01:41] <Jedi_Kasra> There are other projects, and they rarely, if ever, have any meetings... [01:41] <Tm_T> Jedi_Kasra: each on its own style (: [01:41] <Jedi_Kasra> True. [01:42] <Cylka> Let's just say that feelers can be sent out once a month to see if people want a meeting. [01:42] <DarthRage> We are a team, that is why we discuss [01:42] <Cylka> Like on the forum page. [01:42] <Jedi_Kasra> Cylka: That works [01:42] <Soresu> Good, good. [01:42] <Cylka> Kasra, would you be willing to keep track of that? [01:42] <DarthRage> Or on talk pages, you can have some of us do that. [01:42] <Jedi_Kasra> Sure thing! [01:43] <Cylka> Great! That way we can see if we need a meeting or not. [01:43] <Cylka> Alright. Moving on. [01:43] <Jedi_Kasra> One thing I'd like to say, is that we need to work on more KotOR II articles. [01:44] <Cylka> I'd like that, since that's my favorite, but it's up to what people like more. [01:44] <Jedi_Kasra> I'm working on Xaart, TM's been doing a good job with this. [01:44] <Nayayen> We have a lot of FFAs of KOTOR2 characters, maybe we could work on re-promoting those? [01:44] <Cylka> It isn't fun to write about what you don't like. [01:44] <Jedi_Kasra> That's true, and I'm not saying "You gotta work on that" or anything... [01:45] <DarthRage> I haven't written any GAN or FAN articles, but I will try and help others until then by small cleanups and so. [01:45] <Cylka> Fiolli wanted me to let you guys know that he is working on the Jedi Civil War article. [01:45] <Jedi_Kasra> No prob, Rage. Any help is greatly appreciated. [01:45] <Jedi_Kasra> Fiolli will do a good job. [01:45] <Cylka> He thinks it will take some time, but he'll re-FA it. [01:46] <Jedi_Kasra> He's more than capable of that. [01:46] <Cylka> Yes, Fiolli will. [01:46] <Soresu> Yes, very experienced writer, give him our thanks. [01:46] <Cylka> He thought he should since he wanted to strip the status in the first place. :P [01:47] <Jedi_Kasra> Makes sense... [01:47] <Cylka> I also wanted to let you know that I'll be organizing our master lists in the near future. [01:48] <Soresu> Big task. How did you make it in the first place? [01:48] <Cylka> There are a lot of articles missing, so I'll be going through the site again. [01:48] <Cylka> Searching for what links to the games and comic issues. [01:48] <Jedi_Kasra> Before I go, wanna throw this out there... anyone in this project can access my sub-page where I'm working on Revan and help out if they wish... Officially, Jeth and I will get it there, though your contribs will not be forgotten. [01:49] <Cylka> Great. Revan will take some time. [01:49] <Jedi_Kasra> Hey Cylka, if you need help with reorgs of the list, let me know. [01:49] <Cylka> Will do. Thanks. [01:49] <Jedi_Kasra> And yes, I've been working on him for a while... [01:50] <DarthRage> Same here Cylka. I will see if I can find articles that need to be added if you want. [01:50] <DarthRage> Oh, and bye Kasara [01:50] <Jedi_Kasra> Later Rage. [01:50] <Cylka> If anyone sees any, feel free to add them to the list. [01:50] <Nayayen> See ya Kasra [01:51] <DarthTrayus> Bye Kasra [01:51] <Cylka> Bye, Kasra, and thanks again. [01:51] <Nayayen> Oh yes, one thing I wanted to mention about the WOTC stuff. [01:51] <Cylka> Sure. [01:52] <Nayayen> Thanks [01:52] <Jedi_Kasra> OK, it was great talking with you all. Thank you, Cylka, for being so, awesome, about all of this. And the rest of you, guys, as well. Peace, talk to you all later! [01:52] <--| Jedi_Kasra has left #WP:KOTOR [01:52] <Nayayen> In case people weren't aware, WOTC shut down the SW part of their site meaning that a lot of material has been "lost" [01:52] <DarthRage> Such a good kid. [01:53] <Nayayen> If people want to get at it, I've used Google's webcache to make PDFs of all the supplements. There's a list on my userpage. [01:53] <Cylka> Fantastic. [01:53] <Soresu> Nice work. [01:53] <Nayayen> Yes, here we go: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/User:Nayayen/Sandbox [01:54] <Nayayen> Some use the plain old Web Archive, and some don't have pictures, but it's better than nothing right? [01:54] <Cylka> Very true. [01:55] <Nayayen> That's all I had to say on that, thanks. [01:55] <Cylka> Thanks very much, Nayayen. [01:55] <Cylka> That will help us. [01:55] <Cylka> Anyone else have anything they would like to bring up? [01:56] <Soresu> Ummm [01:56] <Soresu> Yeah, anyone have the CSWE? [01:56] <Cylka> I do. [01:56] <Nayayen> Kasra does too [01:56] <Soresu> Cool, could you check for 2 or 3 entries? [01:56] <DarthRage> I am trying to get it. Not very cheap [01:57] <Cylka> Sure. Can you list them on my talkpage? I'll get to them in a few minutes then. [01:57] <Soresu> http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:WookieeProject_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic/Requests I've got 3 articles basically ready for GAN once it's checked. [01:57] <Cylka> Ok. I'll do that in a few minutes. [01:58] <Soresu> Secondly, [01:58] <Nayayen> Seeing that, we probably ought to put a notice at the top much like WP:SWE's Entry Requests one does. [01:59] <Soresu> I was bored some time ago, and thought I'd make a kinda guide for KotOR1 noms. Here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/User:Soresumakashi/Work2 just a pet project. But anyway, I used mentioned some of the stuff you told me about way back Cylka, just wanted to thank you. [01:59] <Cylka> I can put that up since I was the one who put it up on the SWE page. [02:00] <Cylka> You're welcome, Soresu. [02:00] <Soresu> Which notice? [02:00] <Soresu> I already put one up a few days ago. [02:00] <Soresu> About copyright and all. [02:00] <Cylka> Oh, great. [02:01] <Nayayen> I didn't see that [02:01] <Cylka> And your guide looks good. [02:01] <Nayayen> Good catch [02:02] <Soresu> Thanks. [02:02] <Soresu> That's it from me. [02:03] <Cylka> Anything else, project-wise? [02:03] <Nayayen> Nothing more from me. [02:03] <Soresu> No [02:04] <Cylka> Alrighty. Thanks to all for coming. Kasra will check in a month regarding the next meeting. [02:04] <Soresu> What refreshments do we get at KotOR meetings? [02:05] <Cylka> Ummm.... [02:05] <DarthRage> imaginary [02:05] <Nayayen> Like our pay-checks [02:05] <DarthTrayus> Thanks, all [02:05] * Cylka runs away without answering. [02:05] <DarthTrayus> I'm out [02:05] <Cylka> Bye. [02:05] <Nayayen> Night all [02:05] <DarthRage> Don't forget the IRC channel trayus [02:05] |<-- DarthTrayus has left freenode (Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF)) [02:05] <Nayayen> Too late =P [02:05] <Soresu> Morning/night. [02:05] <Cylka> Soresu, give me a couple of minutes to check the CSWE. [02:06] <DarthRage> Meeting ajourned [02:06] <Soresu> Alright, I'll just hang around for a few minutes. [02:06] <DarthRage> *adjourned