To wookify is to modify an article that was copied from Wikipedia (cfw) so that it fits better on Wookieepedia. The term wookieefication, also spelled wookification, can also mean to wookify.
There are many aspects to this task, as listed below.
Star Wars articles that are on Wikipedia will begin with statements indicating that they are from the Star Wars universe. When these articles are copied to the Star Wars Wiki, such statements become unnecessary and should be removed. Take for example, the opening line of Wikipedia:Chewbacca:
- Chewbacca (or Chewie) (c. 200 BBY - c. 25 ABY), a fictional character of the Star Wars universe, is an 8-foot tall Wookiee and co-pilot of Han Solo's ship, the Millennium Falcon.
This can, and should, be cut down to:
- Chewbacca (or Chewie) (c. 200 BBY - 25 ABY) was an 8-foot tall Wookiee, and co-pilot of Han Solo's ship, the Millennium Falcon.
Sometimes this can be made more difficult by the fact that an article will start with a "This is from Star Wars" statement, and then the next sentence starts a paragraph full of spoilers. Such articles will need the beginnings to be slightly rewritten in order to give a non-spoiler introduction.
A list of articles containing statements that they are from the Star Wars universe can be found by clicking here.
- Removing any non-Star Wars links (such as "wheel", however this particular word in this example can redirect to the location with the proper name The Wheel as Wheel).
- Removing "(Star Wars)" from links, such as in the case of "Executor (Star Wars)".
- Adding links to more detailed Star Wars information that wouldn't be accepted on Wikipedia, such as minor characters, planets, companies, vehicles, ships, weapons or species.
- Fixing any links that point to lists so that they point to the correct article—many of the list articles from Wikipedia have been broken down into their component parts. Notice that whether this is required depends on whether or not the list article has been split yet.
Categories and templatesEdit
- Cleaning up the categories: both the removal of leftover Wikipedia categories and the addition of Wookieepedia categories.
Alternate use of WookificationEdit
As less Wikipedia articles were copied and more articles on Wookieepedia were made from scratch, the concept of Wookification now applies to creating appearances and sources sections, and adding categories.