Their fur was colored blue and gold, though the fur of some troops was bright purple or dark green as well. They enjoyed pelting debris at moving targets below. Woolamanders were prey to piranha beetles and stintarils.
Males could often be heard belting out morning vocalizations with their baggy throat pouches. Caring and kind, Woolamander females gave birth to one young per litter. Safe in their mothers' powerful front claws, babies would become members of troops numbering 20 individuals.
A temple in the forests of Yavin 4 seems to have been erected in respect to the Woolamander species, earning itself the name Palace of the Woolamander due to the variety of statues and stone carvings created in their likeness. The creatures seem to be unusually protective of the structure and are known to attack anyone who gets too close to it.
- Rebel Force: Target (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Force: Hostage (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Dark Apprentice (First appearance)
- Champions of the Force
- I, Jedi
- Junior Jedi Knights: The Golden Globe
- Junior Jedi Knights: Lyric's World (Mentioned only)
- Junior Jedi Knights: Promises
- Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force
- Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Mentioned only)
- Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- Tempest (Mentioned only)
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, First Edition
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 15 (YAV2, Yavin 4)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Essential Atlas