Born and raised on Tatooine[source?], Wooof was once a freelance smuggler and an excellent pilot, until his job went bad and he found himself in debt to Jabba for a sizeable amount, becoming another of the Hutt's perpetually indentured servants. Jabba found use for him as a pilot for his many spacecraft, including his personal space yacht, though Wooof himself was more comfortable behind the controls of a starfighter. During the Battle of the Great Pit of Carkoon, Wooof died on the deck of the Khetanna when his blaster fire was deflected back at him by Luke Skywalker.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "The Green Nikto seen in Jabba's palace was called Klaatu, though Wooof was one of the production names used for this character."
- ―Leland Chee
According to Leland Chee, the Kadas'sa'Nikto, in the Throne Room, wearing the Kama-like fur clothing was originally named Klaatu (an original production name), but has since been renamed Wooof by Decipher. On July 6, 2011, Chee revealed that Wooof and Klaatu are separate characters, in his Keeper of the Holocron blog on Facebook.com. 
The "Klaatu (Palace)" action figure made by Kenner in 1983 is based on Wooof's likeness. In the same year, Kenner also produced a "Klaatu (in Skiff Guard Outfit)" action figure which bears the likeness of the real Klaatu. The two characters are in fact different. Wooof wears Kama-like fur clothing while Klaatu wears white coveralls. A new Wooof action figure, bearing the correct apparel, was included as part of the 2010 Hasbro lineup.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Wooof) (First identified as Wooof)
- Star Wars: The Magic of Myth
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- "Who's Who in Jabba's Palace"—Star Wars Insider 60
- Scum and Villainy (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Galaxy of Intrigue (Picture only)
- The Unknown Regions