- "You worms are no match for the dark side!"
- ―Darth Maul
Giant worms lived in Coruscant's undercity, and once were the object of a particularly dangerous racing wing stunt by Anakin Skywalker. The object was to retrieve a scale from one of the worms, who lived in a spot that was particularly difficult to access by racing wing. Skywalker, then merely a young Padawan, failed to negotiate the distance correctly, and had to be rescued from the worms by his Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
As insult Edit
"Worm" was also used as a derogatory remark or modifier. Darth Maul sometimes used this term to taunt his opponents when he believed they were lesser beings than himself, therefore deserving to be associated with worms. The Jedi Exile was also known to have called her opponents worms on occasion. Just prior to the Battle of the Great Pit of Carkoon, Han Solo insulted Jabba the Hutt by calling him a "slimy piece of worm-ridden filth".
Lt. Bella of Sabaoth Squadron was known to call her forces "incompetent worms" for failure such as when her forces failed to capture parts for an Orbital Defense Cannon. It was also a common expression to be "as dirty and happy as a worm".
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier
- Clouded Paths
- Rogue Planet
- Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 22"
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Night of the Stranger"
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Before the Storm (Mentioned only)
- Specter of the Past (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Exile (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Fury (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Abyss (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Backlash (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension (Mentioned only)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide (Mentioned only)