- "Wait a minute, you've never heard of Wroonians? C'mon, they're about as near-Human as you can get while still having that cool attitude about them. Some of my best smuggler contacts are Wroonians."
- ―Platt Okeefe
Wroonian society was wealthy, fun-loving, and deeply spiritual; as a result, Wroonians often wore ornate clothing and tattoos. Wroonians loved travel both at sea and in space. A well-traveled species, they were represented in the Galactic Republic by the blue-skinned Pantoran Senator Chi Eekway Papanoida and later were part of the Galactic Empire. There were numerous Wroonian colonies, such as on Saleucami.
Wroonians were renowned for telling boastful stories.
Behind the scenesEdit
While Wroonians had been part of the Expanded Universe for years, the first Wroonian to appear in the Star Wars movies was played by George Lucas. However, after the airing of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode, "Trespass," N. Papanoida's species was changed to a Pantoran, meaning that the Wroonians no longer appear in the Star Wars movies, though they may have a link with the Pantorans.
- Darth Plagueis
- "Hondo Ohnaka's Not-So-Big Score"—Star Wars Insider 144
- The Cestus Deception
- Star Wars: Republic: Trackdown
- Star Wars 7: New Planets, New Perils! (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (Mentioned only)
- "Special Ops: Ship Jackers"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 13
- "Special Ops: Drop Points"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14
- Alien Encounters
- Platt's Smugglers Guide
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives
- "Smuggler's Log"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- Star Wars Adventure Journal 13
- The Starhoppers of Aduba-3"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- Scum and Villainy
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- The Unknown Regions
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles