Wroshyr wood was a type of wood whittled from the wroshyr trees of Kashyyyk. It could be used as a material to build Auzituck anti-slaver gunships and weapons favored by Wookiees. During the Siege of Lasan, the Wookiee soldiers who fought alongside Lasats against the Empire were armed with weapons made of wroshyr woods. Maz Kanata's curio box was made up of ancient planks of wroshyr wood.
Behind the scenesEdit
Wroshyr wood appeared in several Star Wars Legends products including Timothy Zahn's 1991 novel Heir to the Empire and Troy Denning's 2005 novel Dark Nest I: The Joiner King. In the Canon storyline, they appeared as weapons and ship-building material in Michael Kogge's 2014 young reader novel The Rebellion Begins, an adaptation of the television movie Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion, and the 2015 movie Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.
Wroshyr wood also appeared in the non-Canon animated television series LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures episode "Peril on Kashyyyk". There the main protagonists, the Freemakers scavenging family, have to rescue Chief Attabura's son Tantarra in order to obtain a piece of wroshyr wood which Kordi Freemaker needs to pay off their debts and overdue rent.
- The Rebellion Begins (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens: Rey's Story
- The Force Awakens: Finn's Story
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- The Force Awakens, Part IV
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Peril on Kashyyyk"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Hunting for Han"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens