- "Hey! We don't serve their kind here!"
"Your droids. They'll have to wait outside. We don't want them here."
- ―Wuher and Luke Skywalker
Wuher was an orphan, but worked his way off of Tatooine's streets by studying biochemistry such as that he was able to learn what types of drinks would go down well with various species. He strongly disliked droids and installed a droid detector in the cantina to keep them out.[source?] Despite this, Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi entered with the droids C-3PO and R2-D2. Upon noticing their presence, he ordered that the droids would have to wait outside.
Personality and traitsEdit
Wuher disliked the concept of slavery, feeling that nobody should have to be a slave. He himself could have had an easier time in his work at Chalmun's Cantina by purchasing slaves, but decided against it. He disliked bounty hunters for similar reasons, but could not refuse their patronage for fear of what it would do to his reputation. His abiding dislike of droids stemmed from the death of his parents at the hands of battle droids during the Clone Wars. He had great respect, however, for Jedi, who saved him from an entire battalion of droids. His nightly ritual was to go home and drink a glass of blue milk to settle his stomach.
Behind the scenesEdit
The character was known only as "The Bartender" at the time of the film's release, but the Star Wars Legends source Mos Eisley Adventure Set gave the character's name as "Cedo Partu." The character was later renamed as "Wuher." The new name was later confirmed as part of the canon continuity established on April 25, 2014 in the reference book Ultimate Star Wars.
- "The Sand Will Provide"—Star Wars 37: Imperial Pride
- Bounty Hunt
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars: Heroes Path
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- "The Luckless Rodian"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Not for Nothing"—From a Certain Point of View
- "We Don't Serve Their Kind Here"—From a Certain Point of View
- "You Owe Me a Ride"—From a Certain Point of View
- "The Secrets of Long Snoot"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Born in the Storm"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars 5: Skywalker Strikes, Part V
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Wuher)
- "Not Coming Soon to a Theater Near You!"—Star Wars Insider 159
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded