- "Hey! We don't serve their kind here!"
"Your droids. They'll have to wait outside. We don't want them here."
- ―Wuher and Luke Skywalker
Wuher was an orphan, but worked his way off Tatooine's streets by studying biochemistry such as that he was able to learn what types of drinks would go down well with various species. He strongly disliked droids and installed a droid detector in the cantina to keep them out. Despite this, Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi were able to enter with the droids C-3PO and R2-D2, and upon noticing their presence, he ordered that they would have to wait outside.
Behind the scenesEdit
The character was known only as "The Bartender" at the time of the film's release, but the Star Wars Legends source Mos Eisley Adventure Set gave the character's name as "Cedo Partu." The character was later renamed as "Wuher." The new name was later confirmed as part of the canon continuity established on April 25, 2014 in the reference book Ultimate Star Wars.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Star Wars: Heroes Path
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy: A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars 5: Skywalker Strikes, Part V
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Wuher)
- "Not Coming Soon to a Theater Near You!"—Star Wars Insider 159
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations