|X-wing: The Official Strategy Guide|
X-wing: The Official Strategy Guide was a computer game strategy book for Star Wars: X-wing written by Rusel DeMaria, David Wessman, and David Maxwell and published by Prima Publishing. It contained much of the story from The Farlander Papers and continued the story of Keyan Farlander throughout, along with walkthroughs and strategies designed to help players defeat the simulator missions, the missions for the game's first three Tours of Duty and interviews with the game's creators and design team. A subsequent edition, X-wing Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide, featured walkthroughs for the Imperial Pursuit and B-wing expansion packs.
Climb into the cockpit of a Rebel fighter craft and join Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca the Wookiee, and the newest Rebel hero, Keyan Farlander, as they fight the evil Emperor and his minions. Face danger a hundred times — then come back for more!
Written by the author of The Farlander Papers, this handbook continues the story of Keyan Farlander's adventures. These further adventures will take X-wing players through every important detail, as well as each strategy and tactic needed to succeed at the increasingly hair-raising missions.
X-wing: The Official Strategy Guide is the ultimate resource for fans of LucasArts' hit game. Included in this book are:
- General tactics and strategies for flying each spacecraft and for each mission, elaborately illustrated with screenshots and 3-D images.
- Winning strategies for each of the more than 50 missions and tours of duty devised by the game's designers and testers.
- Revealing interviews with Larry Holland, Ed Kilham, and the X-wing Design Team
- More of the Farlander Papers - the limited edition, collectors' novella that was included in many of the game boxes
- Detailed statistics for every mission
- Part I: Farlander's Story
- Part II: Early Training
- Part III: Historical Combat Missions
- X-wing Historical Combat Missions
- Y-wing Historical Combat Missions
- A-wing Historical Combat Missions
- Part IV: Tours of Duty
- Tour of Duty #1 — A New Ally
- Tour of Duty #2 — The Great Search
- Tour of Duty #3 — The Gathering Storm
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|