The X-wing was a prominent series of multiple starfighters produced by Incom with a characteristic "X" shape of four wings, known as S-foils, extending out from the fuselage. These starfighters were found in the service of the Rebel Alliance, New Republic, and Galactic Alliance. The X-Wing was originally developed for the Galactic Empire, but the entire Incom design team defected with the prototypes to the Rebel Alliance, ending the contract. However, at least one X-wing was stolen by a stormtrooper.
As of 130 ABY, the following types of X-wings existed:
- T-65 X-wing—the most famous example[source?]
- T-65A2 X-wing
- T-65A3 X-wing
- T-65AC4 X-wing
- T-65B X-wing
- T-65BR Recon-X
- T-65C-A2 X-wing
- T-65D-A1 X-wing
- T-65 Advanced X-wing
- TX-65 Trainer-X
- Tandem X-wing
Behind the scenes
The X-wing fighters were originally colored blue, but were changed to red and white because the blue color blended in with the blue-screen during filming. In the novelization of Episode IV: A New Hope, the X-wing squadron is called Blue Wing and Luke Skywalker's callsign was Blue Four.
- "The Way of the Yrashu"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- Star Wars 6: Is This the Final Chapter?
- Star Wars 16: The Hunter (Appears in flashback(s))
- "A World to Conquer"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2 (Mentioned only)
- The Wookiee Storybook (As a toy)
- "A Glimmer of Hope"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- "Mission to Zila"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
Notes and references