The XS stock light freighter was a type of starship used during the Clone Wars and the Imperial Era. Armed with two pairs of laser cannons, XS stock light freighters were used for a variety of purposes, including smuggling and deploying soldiers. One of these ships was used by the Onderon rebels, and another was used by smugglers on the planet Tatooine.
The XS stock light freighter was a model of starship distinguished by a yellow-plated, central cockpit extruding from a matching-color, saucer-shaped body. The vessels had a pair of rear sublight engines that emitted blue light, and the craft were armed with two dorsal and two port-side laser cannons, although the lateral weapons were not present on some models. XS stock light freighters were smaller than YT-1300 light freighters, and they had a capacity of at least two passengers.
During the Clone Wars, an XS stock light freighter was used by resistance fighter Lux Bonteri in the campaigns of the Onderon rebels. In the year 0 BBY, during the Imperial Era, the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure worked with smugglers who operated an XS stock light freighter in Mos Eisley spaceport on the planet Tatooine.
Behind the scenesEdit
XS stock light freighters first appeared in Star Wars: Galactic Defense, a tower defense mobile game developed by DeNA Co., Ltd., released on October 30, 2014, and shut down in 2016. In Star Wars Legends, XS stock light freighters first appeared in the 2011 novel The Old Republic: Deceived, which was written by Paul S. Kemp for the Star Wars: The Old Republic multimedia series.
Although XS stock light freighters were not identified within Galactic Defense, Leland Chee of the Lucasfilm Story Group stated that the name can be assumed from Legends material. In Galactic Defense, XS stock light freighters appeared during the limited-time event "War of Ideals," which added the characters Kalani and Lux Bonteri as playable Champions. Bonteri's Champion skill was calling in two Onderon rebels, which were deployed by one of the freighters.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 screenshot) — Leland Chee of the Lucasfilm Story Group, regarding canon subjects retaining their original names from Star Wars Legends. The Old Republic: Deceived originally established the XS stock light freighter designation. (
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 Star Wars: Galactic Defense (shutdown date)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Bounty Hunt
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of both Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which depicts the completion of the Death Star's superlaser, and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which depicts the Death Star's destruction at the Battle of Yavin, to 0 BBY. Given that the Death Star's superlaser is fully operational in Bounty Hunt, that story can therefore also be dated to 0 BBY.
- ↑ The Old Republic: Deceived