The XT Beetle Transport was a model of transport used by the Trade Federation and the Confederacy of Independent Systems that moved on ten pairs of mechanized legs. In 22 BBY, during the Clone Wars, a conflict fought between the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems, a pair of XT Beetles with Separatist markings were pulled together by large cables to form a Separatist outpost on the planet Orto Plutonia. However, their battle droid occupants were destroyed by Talz warriors from a nearby village and the vacant XT Beetles were later used as a "neutral" meeting ground for negotiations between the Pantorans, the inhabitants of the planet's primary moon of Pantora, who claimed Orto Plutonia as their protectorate and regarded the natives as trespassers, and the indigenous Talz, who simply desired to be left alone. In 21 BBY, the Separatists returned to Orto Plutonia with several XT Beetles to reestablish a foothold on the planet and eliminate the Talz who attacked their original base. However, the Republic was able to crush the shielded transports by destroying an overhanging ice bridge, forcing the Separatist to retreat from the Pantora system.
Behind the scenesEdit
The XT Beetle Transport first appeared, albeit unidentified, in "Trespass," the fifteenth episode of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' first season, which originally aired on January 30, 2009. It was later identified in the episode guide for "Trespass" available on StarWars.com. The XT Beetle's design was derived from early concept art of the Multi-Troop Transport developed by Doug Chiang.
XT Beetle Transports later appeared in "Defense of Orto Plutonia," the thirteenth and final stage of the Starfighter mini-game in Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, a Star Wars Legends MMORPG developed by Sony Online Entertainment that was released on September 15, 2010 and shut down on March 31, 2014.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Defense of Orto Plutonia"
- (First identified as XT Beetle Transport)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion dates the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film to 22 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 8 (22 BBY 101–102, Spying for the Senate) dates "Senate Spy" to late 22 BBY. Since places "Trespass" between The Clone Wars film and "Senate Spy," it can be concluded that "Trespass" also takes place in 22 BBY.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Defense of Orto Plutonia"
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures
- ↑ George, Steve (01/24/2014). With Heavy Hearts, We Announce the Sunset of Clone Wars (English). CloneWarsAdventures.com. Retrieved on March 20, 2014.