|XX-23 homing beacon|
| Physical and technical specifications
| Usage and history
The XX-23 was a small cylinder that broadcast a continuous signal that could be received by HoloNet s-threads. A dedicated computer would then be able to determine when the ship crossed an s-thread and plot its course with this information.
It could be attached to the hull of a ship via a molecular bonding agent. It would use a ship's heat and radiation emissions to power itself, making it more difficult to detect than other trackers.
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Droids 8: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book III (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Empire 15: Darklighter, Part 4 (First appearance)
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide (First identified as XX-23 homing beacon)
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 85 (HOM4, Homing Beacons)
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 30 HOM1-4