Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The XX-23 was a small cylinder that broadcast a continuous signal that could be received by HoloNet s-threads. A dedicated computer would then be able to determine when the ship crossed an s-thread and plot its course with this information.
It could be attached to the hull of a ship via a molecular bonding agent. It would use a ship's heat and radiation emissions to power itself, making it more difficult to detect than other trackers.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Droids 8: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book III (Indirect mention only)
- Empire 15: Darklighter, Part 4 (First appearance)
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide (First identified as XX-23 homing beacon)
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 85 (HOM4, Homing Beacons)
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 30 HOM1-4