The Xbox 360 is the second video game console made by Microsoft, released on November 22, 2005. Several Star Wars games have been released for the console. The console is backward-compatible with a selection of games from the original Xbox, allowing them to be played on the Xbox 360.
Xbox Live is the console's online gaming service. Originally launched with its predecessor, the Xbox, it allows paying users to compete against each other over the internet. It also allows users to purchase new characters and levels for their games through downloadable content. The service costs approximately $60 USD a year. All games released for the Xbox 360 have some form of Xbox Live functionality.
Kinect, released November 4th, 2010, is a motion-sensing camera add-on for the Xbox 360. It allows players to play specifically designed games with only their body, requiring no controller. A Star Wars game was announced for the add-on at the 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) and released on April 3, 2012 as Kinect Star Wars.
A limited edition Star Wars themed console was released on April 3, 2012. The console itself is painted to look like R2-D2 while the controller is gold and glossy like C-3PO. The console emits R2-D2's signature beeps and whistles when it is turned on. The bundle includes a white Kinect, 320GB hard drive and copies of Kinect Star Wars and Kinect Adventures.
Star Wars gamesEdit
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (2006)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (2007)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2008)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (2009)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition (2009)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (2010)
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (2011)
- Kinect Star Wars (2012)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (2015)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2016)