- "Every starship maker in the galaxy knows the Xi Charrians have an exclusive contract to build droid starfighters for the Trade Federation."
- ―Boll Trinkatta
Xi Charrians were a hive-minded species from Charros IV who communicated through a complex variety of clicks. They followed the Xi Char religion, and were founders of the Haor Chall Engineering company.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Society and cultureEdit
- "A Xi Charrian whose name I'm not even going to attempt to pronounce."
The Xi Charrians founded a fanatical religious order known as the Xi Char which was dedicated to high-precision manufacturing. The Xi Char formed Haor Chall Engineering, a company in which their zealots worked tirelessly to produce experimental starfighters and engine technologies. Haor Chall was one of the more unusual manufacturers in the galaxy, creating huge cathedral factories, such as Workshop Xcan, for their production lines. Notable Haor Chall designs included the Hailfire-class droid tank, the C-9979 landing craft, the Vulture-class droid starfighter, and the Scarab-class droid starfighter. It was rumored that the Trade Federation arranged a merger between Hoar Chall Engineering and Baktoid Armor Workshop, although this was never confirmed by Baktoid.
- "Do you think the Xi Char will talk to us?"
"They've every reason to be accommodating. After the Battle of Naboo, the Republic refused to do any business with them, for their having supplied the Neimoidians with proscribed weapons. They've been eager to atone ever since, especially now that their signature designs are being mass-produced more cheaply by Baktoid Armor and other Confederacy suppliers."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Xi Charrians were native to the planet Charros IV, located in the Charros system of the Taldot sector, a region of space in the Mid Rim, and about three hyperspace jumps from the Inner Rim Territories.
The Jedi Council became aware of a Sith Lord named Sidious coordinating the Clone Wars. One avenue in their attempts to track down his identity led them to the mechno-chair of Trade Federation viceroy Nute Gunray. Discovering Gunray had been in contact with Sidious through a hyperwave receiver built in to the chair, the Jedi Order tried to trace the chair's origins. The chair had been engraved by a Xi Charrian, who had signed his name with his personal sigil.
During the Clone Wars, a Republic taskforce of clone troopers led by Jedi Knights invaded Charros IV. They successfully destroyed the Haor Chall factories, effectively crippling the company. The company's remaining assets were absorbed by Sienar Fleet Systems, including Haor Chall's patent on the Hoar Chall Ring Drive Gel.
Xi Charrians in the galaxyEdit
t'laalak-s'lalak-t'th'ak crafted the mechno-chair used by the Neimoidian Nute Gunray. The mercenary Vana Sage once contacted a rogue Xi Char engineer who helped her design a unique starfighter. Dubbed the Guardian Mantis, the stealth fighter was exceedingly fast.
- Darth Plagueis
- Episode I Adventures 1: Search for the Lost Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Labyrinth of Evil (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I Incredible Cross-Sections (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Labyrinth of Evil, chapter 16.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, xvi.
- ↑ Starships of the Galaxy, 79.
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, xv.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Essential Atlas Online Companion
- ↑ Star Wars Starfighter: Starfighter Aces"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "