The Xiytiar-class transport was a cargo ship manufactured by TransGalMeg Industries, Incorporated.
It was shaped like a thin, cylinder highlighted by a bulbous front cargo section and a small, rear engine pod. Although marginally faster than the comparable MB-C1 medium transport, it was less durable in combat.
Ships of this class measured 164.8 meters in length, could carry 5,000 metric tons of cargo and up to 12 passengers. The cargo space was versatile, and at least one Xiytiar-class transport, the Sungrass, was used as a pocket carrier during a covert New Republic operation. Despite this versatility, and their ability to be manned by as few as two people, they were considered amongst the least elegant of all starships by many pilots.
Lo Khan's freighter, the Hyperspace Marauder, was probably the most famous ship of this class. Upgraded with a multi-band computer interface, the ship's co-pilot, Luwingo, made up for the ship's lack of combat ability by slicing into the control systems of attacking craft.
- Republic 65: Show of Force, Part 1
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- X-Wing: Iron Fist
- Dark Empire (First appearance)
- Dark Empire II
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood
- Legacy 25: The Hidden Temple, Part 1
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Pirates & Privateers
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Enter the Unknown
- Suns of Fortune (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Knowledge and Defense (Card: Along the Gamor Run) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Knowledge and Defense (Card: Hyperspace Marauder)