Some features of the YT-1210 would be the basis of the YT-1300 light freighter. The ship had the familiar saucer-shaped hull of the YT-1300, but lacked the forward cargo loading mandibles that gave that ship its familiar outline. It also included two sensors protruding from the bow, which could be big, tempting targets for anyone attacking the YT-1210.
The YT-1210 was 28 meters in length, and the standard crew consisted of a pilot and a gunner. The stock YT-1210 could carry up to 100 metric tons of cargo, and was armed with a single laser cannon. The ship had a small cabin for the captain, and it came equipped with a small refresher station. A YT-1210 could be, and were, modified by their owners.
YT-1210 was the main production light freighter from Corellian Engineering Corporation, until the YT-1300 arrived. Unfortunately, once sales of the YT-1300 took off at some point before 33 BBY, the highly capable YT-1210 freighter had a shortened production run. The YT-1210 was not a poor design, but it was not on par with the speed of YT-1300 and it lacked some of the amenities that the YT-1300 had. Still, the YT-1210, like its more popular successor, could be found throughout the galaxy.
- The Hutt Gambit
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron 30: Masquerade, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: The Bacta War
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, Second Edition
- "Wanted by Cracken"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Pirates & Privateers
- The Black Sands of Socorro
- The Far Orbit Project
- Price of Business
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- Suns of Fortune