- "Attention YT-2400 freighter, we're here to assist."
- ―Hera Syndulla contacts Iron Squadron
The YT-2400 light freighter was a YT series light freighter. In the years before the Battle of Yavin, one such vessel used by the Iron Squadron assisted the early rebels in a battle against the Galactic Empire over Mykapo. During the Galactic Civil War, the Alliance to Restore the Republic utilized the YT-2400 as a troop transport.
Behind the scenesEdit
The YT-2400 light freighter first appeared in Star Wars canon in the 1997 re-release of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, where it is seen in the background taking off from Mos Eisley. The design was made popular with the Star Wars Legends multimedia project Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire.
- Darth Maul, Part II
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Iron Squadron"
- "A Youth Unpromising"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Post-1997 releases)
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- (First identified as YT-2400 light freighter)