Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yade M'rak was a Human male Corellian who settled in the city of Mos Espa on the planet Tatooine before 32 BBY. Addicted to gambling on the outcomes of Podraces, he lost the majority of his belongings to the crime lord Gardulla the Hutt. M'rak remained in Mos Espa and took to smuggling weapons on the black market.
Yade M'rak was a Human male from the planet Corellia. Prior to 32 BBY, he moved to the desert world of Tatooine and settled in the city of Mos Espa. Largely ignored and derided by the city's gangsters and spacers, M'rak made considerable efforts to stay out of their disputes and lightfights.
On Tatooine, M'rak was addicted to gambling on the outcome of Podraces. After losing most of his belongings to the crime lord Gardulla the Hutt, he remained in Mos Espa and worked as a smuggler of black market weaponry. In 32 BBY, the Corellian attended the annual Boonta Eve Classic Podrace in the Mos Espa Grand Arena, where he watched the proceedings from the private viewing box of the Toydarian merchant Watto.
Personality and traitsEdit
Yade M'rak was a gambling man who was addicted to betting on Podracing, but bad luck saw him part with the majority of his possessions. He kept a low profile in Mos Espa and attempted not to become involved in local disputes. Like many other down-on-their-luck denizens of the city, M'rak scraped by while dreaming of one day being able to leave Tatooine. A smuggler of black market contraband and an able pilot, he was possessed of fair skin, as well as gray hair that he wore in at least two dreadlocks and sometimes kept under a hood.
Behind the scenesEdit
Yade M'rak first appeared as an unnamed extra in the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. He was played by an uncredited actor. Information on the character was later revealed in 1999's Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary and in the 2001 Coruscant Limited expansion set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game, the latter of which gave him a name. The information from Coruscant Limited was later repeated in 2008's The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Coruscant Limited (Card: Yade M'rak) (First identified as Yade M'rak)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Coruscant Limited (Card: Yade M'rak)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 338 ("M'rak, Yade")