23 standard hours
451 local days
Heavy (1.2 of standard)
|Points of interest|
Starship drive units
- "Yaga Minor is possibly the most heavily defended system in Imperial or New Republic space."
- ―Garm Bel Iblis
Yaga Minor was the Galactic Republic member world from which the Outbound Flight project departed into the Unknown Regions in 27 BBY. The planet's primary native species were the Yagai, insectoids with a hive-caste society. Yaga Minor was known throughout the galaxy for its major starshipbuilding facilities.
Inter-Sith Wars PeriodEdit
During the Inter-Sith Wars Period, the fallen Jedi-turned-Sith Darth Desolous was lured to Yaga Minor along with his army. Once lured to the world, Desolous and his army engaged a small number of Jedi Knights. Shortly after the start of the conflict, a Jedi flotilla dropped out of hyperspace preventing escape by the Sith and his army. Outnumbered and outmatched by the Jedi forces, Desolous was destroyed alongside his army.
The Jedi vessel Outbound Flight was launched from Yaga Minor in 27 BBY, under the command of Jedi Master Jorus C'baoth. It had 50,000 colonists destined for the Unknown Regions and beyond the edge of the galaxy. It failed as a result of Darth Sidious's machinations.
After the rise of the Empire, the Yagai were quickly subjugated and enslaved. The Empire improved the shipyards above Yaga Minor and shipped Yagai technicians across the galaxy to help maintain the vast Imperial Fleet.
During the Imperial Period, Yaga Minor was an important trade world, comparable to Celanon and Byblos. By 4 ABY, the planet had become an Imperial fortress world. Yaga Minor was also the site of an important Ubiqtorate base used by Grand Moff Tarkin to hide his more private informations.
Yaga Minor was one of the last strongholds of the Empire in the years following the Battle of Endor. It featured a major cluster of shipyards that proved instrumental in Grand Admiral Thrawn's campaign against the New Republic.
After 17 ABY, Yaga Minor was the last shipyard under Imperial control. It was governed by Moff Kurlen Flennic and defended by forces of High General Hestiv. In the last days of the Caamas Document Crisis, Yaga Minor was the site of the last battle of the Galactic Civil War. Admiral Pellaeon later agreed to allow the New Republic's expert slicer Zakarisz Ghent search the databank files of the Ubiqtorate base for an original copy of the Caamas Document.
Yuuzhan Vong WarEdit
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Imperial forces fleeing from Bastion regrouped here before facing the Yuuzhan Vong at Borosk. A third of the Yuuzhan Vong fleet defeated there jumped to attack the shipyards, though they were repelled in short order.
Behind the scenesEdit
Yaga Minor is clearly described in the novels Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future as being part of the Imperial Remnant, not far from the capital Bastion, the Imperial Remnant being a small group of star systems in the Outer Rim Territories. However, the PC game Star Wars: Rebellion mistakenly places Yaga Minor in the Sesswenna sector (a misspelling of the true Seswenna sector) of the Galactic Core, in close proximity to Coruscant. The Seswenna sector is actually located in the Outer Rim.
- Outbound Flight
- "Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:24"—Star Wars Insider 84
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game (PS2, PSP and Wii versions only) (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Dark Force Rising (First mentioned)
- The Last Command (Mentioned only)
- Specter of the Past (First appearance)
- Vision of the Future
- Star Wars: Union 1 (Mentioned only)
- Dark Tide II: Ruin (Mentioned only)
- Force Heretic I: Remnant
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Alien Encounters
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Ellorrs Madak)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 32
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook, p. 138
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Outbound Flight
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 Specter of the Past
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game (PS2, PSP and Wii versions only)
- ↑ Alien Encounters
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Ellorrs Madak)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Vision of the Future
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Force Heretic I: Remnant