The daughter of an Askajian tribal chief, Yarna married Nautag d'al' Gargan. They had many children together. While raising her cubs with Nautag on Askaj around 3 ABY, they were taken as slaves to Tatooine, and were then bought by Jabba Desilijic Tiure. Nautag was killed by Jabba's rancor while trying to defend them and her cublings were removed to Jabba's town house. Although she detested her boss and owner, she was nonetheless close friends with some of the various patrons of the palace.
She claimed that her name "Yarna" translated to Basic as "pretty." However, her beauty was often hidden by the wart makeup Jabba forced her to wear, saying that it reminded him of his "mother," or in this case, Zorba Desilijic Tiure. Also, the normally slender woman was made to store as much water as possible in order to increase her girth, thus furthering the resemblance to a Hutt—weight she would eventually lose again after Jabba's death.
After escaping Jabba's palace and rescuing her cubs with Doallyn, they became traders in jewels and textiles. She occasionally danced to earn extra credits—in fact, she even danced the Dance of the Seventy Violet Veils at the wedding of Han Solo and Leia Organa where she would be spotted by a designer and became the model for his jeweled brassieres. After that Doallyn managed her career as a model.
She had two daughters, named Luka and Leia after Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa, and a son named Nautag, after his father. Yarna's children became a jizz swing band, and together they toured the galaxy.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Somewhere along the way, in one of those conversations that was beer-induced, we said, 'Oh, and she has six breasts!' And somehow it was appropriate for Jabba's palace."
- ―Costume designer Nilo Rodis-Jamero
Yarna d'al' Gargan was portrayed by the late Claire Davenport in Return of the Jedi. During production of the movie, her character was known as Wiebba-wiebba. Pablo Hidalgo detailed this revelation on The Official Star Wars Blog in 2013. Leland Chee had however previously identified "Weeba Weeba" as the human Rancor keeper who wears apparel resembling that of Nizuc Bek and Velken Tezeri but is not conclusively one or the other.
Kenner Products considered selling an action figure of Yarna, but thought it would be inappropriate to have a six breasted toy on the shelves. An action figure was made by Hasbro in 2008, but it did not sell well.
- Payback: The Tale of Dengar
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Out of the Closet: The Assassin's Tale
- Taster's Choice: The Tale of Jabba's Chef (Mentioned only)
- A Time to Mourn, a Time to Dance: Oola's Tale
- A Free Quarren in the Palace: Tessek's Tale
- Skin Deep: The Fat Dancer's Tale
- Epilogue: Whatever Became Of...?
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Sergeant Doallyn)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Yarna D'al' Gargan)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook (Picture only)
- "Who's Who in Jabba's Palace"—Star Wars Insider 60
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 64 (DAL1-2, Yarna d'al Gargan)
- "The Toys That Never Were"—Star Wars Insider 92
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Galactic Hunters (Card: Gargan's Hands of Seduction)
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 18
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- "Rogues Gallery: An Audience with Jabba the Hutt"—Star Wars Insider 134
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- "A Star Wars Family Legacy"—Star Wars Insider 141 (Picture only)
- "Star Wars Style: Return of the Jedi, Part 6"—Star Wars Insider 158