Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yavin 13 had a hot and arid climate, and was mainly covered in deserts, rocky plains and cacti forests. However, the moon also had grassy plains and much of its southern hemisphere was covered by open, shallow seas which spread what little moisture there was on the moon into the atmosphere.
Society and historyEdit
Yavin 13 had no planetary government and was instead governed by separate tribes. Due to its remote location in the Outer Rim, Yavin 13 had no allegiance to any galactic government though it was occasionally visited by treasure hunters including the Rodian Suz Tanwa, who became a famed xenoarchaeologist in the New Republic era.
The Slith had a nomadic hunter-gatherer society and were mainly concentrated on the moon's rocky regions while the Gerbs lived in tiny communities in underground warrens and farmed the moon's grasslands. The two separate species were able to live in peace and often left each other alone. Both species also knew nothing or little about offworld affairs and technology since none had left Yavin 13.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars 5: Lo, The Moons of Yavin was the first source to indicate three of Yavin Prime's moons could support life.
- Star Wars 5: Lo, The Moons of Yavin (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Missions 1: Assault on Yavin Four (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Missions 4: Destroy the Liquidator (Mentioned only)
- Junior Jedi Knights: Lyric's World
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Technical Journal, Volume Three (Picture only)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- "Le facteur X"—Casus Belli 115 (Mentioned only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- The Essential Atlas