Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Yavin is one of those gas giants that looks like it missed out on starhood by a very slim margin."
- ―Suz Tanwa
It was located on the backward Gordian Reach, a hyperspace route from which the sector got its name. Yavin was best known for its moon, Yavin 4, which was the location of the Rebel Alliance's base prior its discovery and near destruction in the Battle of Yavin. Of its overall total of 26, Yavin had two other moons that were habitable; Yavin 8 and Yavin 13.
Yavin's atmosphere was made up of thick clouds swept about by violent, hurricane-force winds. Any craft that entered the atmosphere without benefit of a tracking beacon would quickly become lost, its pilot disoriented by the buffeting winds. It was believed these storms lasted all the way to the surface without letting up. The immense atmospheric pressure was also something to contend with, and could easily crush an unprotected ship. It was for these reasons that Yavin was chosen as the initial location for disposing of the Imperial Sun Crusher superweapon. However, the Sun Crusher's superstrong hull proved resistant to Yavin's dense atmosphere, and was quite space-worthy when later recovered by Kyp Durron.
- "We are approaching the planet Yavin. The Rebel base is on a moon on the far side. We are preparing to orbit the planet."
- ―An Imperial to Wilhuff Tarkin via intercom
After the Great Sith War, Yavin Station orbited the planet and was used for corusca gem "fishing" until it blew apart in 3956 BBY and crashed on Yavin 22. Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, Baron Orman Tagge constructed Achtnak Turbine Station, hidden within the gas giant, from which he launched TIE attacks on Massassi Station; Achtnak was destroyed by Luke Skywalker. Lando Calrissian later established GemDiver Station in the giant's orbit, for the "fishing" of corusca gems. GemDiver Station was attacked by the forces of the Shadow Academy.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Infinities: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- "The Long, Bad Day"—Star Wars Tales 16
- "Free Memory"—Star Wars Tales 10 (Appears in flashback(s))
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe (As "Yavin")
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (As "Yavin")
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 3"—Star Wars Insider 28
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (LEI8, Princess Leia Organa)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The New Essential Chronology
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Del Goren)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Chachi De Maal)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Han Solo (Special))
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope