The Yavin Vassilika was a priceless, gem-like statuette believed to be little more than legend. It was eventually hunted down by a group of mercenaries and bounty hunters in service to a trio of Hutts, Jabba Desilijic Tiure, Malta, and Embra. They merely wished to use it as a competitive goal between themselves.
The chase included Han Solo, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, Bossk, Dengar, IG-88B, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Greedo, Garindan, Sardu Sallowe and Boba Fett. In the end, the Vassilika was found outside the rim, and snatched by Malta's assistants, Jozzel Moffet, unknowingly acting on behalf of the Rebel Alliance—and Han's first love, Bria Tharen. The hunters found Jan Dodonna with the Vassilika, who, to their horror, smashed it on the ground, revealing that it contained a key to one of the strategically important Massassi Temples on Yavin 4.
The Yavin Vassilika was described as a statue that was adorned with various Massassi hieroglyphics. It was sculpted from a single Corusca gem, which Malta claimed was the "hardest substance in the galaxy." Jozzel Moffet regarded the object as a paperweight.
- The Official Star Wars Fact File (2014) Part 20 (1BBY 11-14)
- How the Other Half Hunts"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- Unusual Suspects"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 121
- Star Wars: The Comics Companion
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 15
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Boba Fett: A Bounty Hunter's Journey"—Star Wars Insider 117
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 7 (Guide to the Galaxy: Yavin and its Moons)