On Coruscant, a year was made up of twelve months spanning 365 days of 24 hours each, with no leap years. The galaxy used a standardized dating system based off of the galactic capital Coruscant. By the time of the New Republic, the Galactic calendar would use the Battle of Yavin as the epicenter on which to date years.
On certain planets, including Lothal, a year was divided into four seasons (spring, summer, autumn, and winter) characterized by specific meteorological or climatic conditions. The planet Lothal based its yearly calendar on a system known as Lothal Years. A being's age was usually expressed in years. The passage of a thousand years was referred to as a millennium.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Dark Disciple
- ↑ The Force Awakens: Rey's Story
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Padmé Amidala Biography Gallery on Star Wars.com (Image 1 caption)
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace