|Chronological and political information|
- "He calls himself Yeep. I don't know if that's his name, his species, or the word for his chest."
- ―Tuner Ryna
Yeep was a Teek male who found his way onto the starship of space-farer Tuner Ryna before or during 22 BBY. Although unsure if "Yeep" was in fact the stowaway's name, Ryna entered him in 22 BBY's annual "Mobquet Presents: Fastest Land Beings" event on the planet Teyr. Yeep easily won the competition's biped race and was afterward declared sentient enough to keep his first-place medal, which he attempted to eat.
- "The prestigious biped title was awarded under protest to a late entrant of unknown origins. Space-farer Tuner Ryna entered the furry being with pointy ears who 'just showed up one day' aboard his ship."
- ―A HoloNet News report on the "Mobquet Presents: Fastest Land Beings" event of 22 BBY
A Teek male known as Yeep lived during the waning years of the Galactic Republic. Prior to or during the year 22 BBY, he showed up aboard the space-farer Tuner Ryna's starship. Yeep was able to communicate his name to Ryna, but the space-farer was not entirely certain what the word "Yeep" meant, and considered the possibility that it referred to the stowaway's species, or perhaps his chest.
In 22 BBY, Ryna brought Yeep to the city of Pyre Folas on the planet Teyr and entered him in the annual "Mobquet Presents: Fastest Land Beings" event. Yeep was a late entrant in the competition's biped race, which he easily won by putting on a burst of speed and outdistancing all of his opponents. As he was a being of "unknown origins," Yeep's victory was protested, but the event's judges declared him "adequately sentient" and awarded him the prestigious biped title, which came with a medal. Yeep attempted to eat the medal while being photographed by HoloNet News.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "The judges deemed Yeep to be 'adequately sentient' after easily out-distancing the field with a flash of speed."
- ―HoloNet News
Yeep had black eyes, peach-colored skin, and a coat of fur made up of both white and gray hair. He had difficulty communicating with Tuner Ryna, and was a mysterious enough creature to the judges and spectators of "Mobquet Presents: Fastest Land Beings" to have his sentience called into question. Like other members of his species, Yeep could run at a considerably fast speed. After winning the Mobquet race, he mistook his medal for food and placed it inside his mouth.
Behind the scenesEdit
Yeep's sole appearance in Star Wars canon is in the online article "New Galaxy's Fastest Hexaped," published in 2002 in Volume 531, Issue 52 of the HoloNet News website. Written by Pablo Hidalgo and Paul Ens, the article also includes an illustration of Yeep drawn by Joe Corroney.
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 52 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) (First appearance) —