- "Haul your Jelucani ass up here!"
- ―Yendor to Thane Kyrell, during preparation for the Battle of Hoth
Yendor was a Twi'lek male pilot who fought for the Alliance to Restore the Republic and later the New Republic as a member of Corona Squadron. He held the rank of private. He later served in the New Republic as an emissary to the senate from his homeworld of Ryloth, when he informed the Senate about the Nikto crime lord Rinnrivin Di's cartel, that was threatening Ryloth's external trade. As a result, Senators Leia Organa and Ransolm Casterfo traveled to the planet Bastatha to investigate and discovered that Yendor's concerns were valid. Later, Yendor hosted Leia when she and her team visited the Ryloth archives to look for information on Rinnrivin and his cartel.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
- "We're not on Hoth now. Thank goodness. If I'm never that cold again, it'll be too soon. And I only washed off the last of the tauntaun stink about a year ago."
"They didn't smell that bad."
"With all due respect, Your Highness, you never had to muck out their stalls."
- ―Yendor regaling Senator Organa with memories of his time on Hoth
After joining the Rebel Alliance, Yendor was posted to Echo Base on the frozen planet of Hoth. Five days after arriving at Echo Base, Yendor encountered the protocol droid C-3PO while re-calibrating the base's thermal units. In addition, Yendor cleaned out the tauntaun stalls at the base; a task which he found unpleasant and smelly. During the Battle of Hoth, he served as the former TIE fighter pilot and the Imperial defector Thane Kyrell's gunner aboard a snowspeeder. Following Luke Skywalker's cue, the Rebel pilots used their harpoon guns to topple several Imperial AT-AT walkers. Yendor and Thane were among the rebels that escaped the Imperial assault and fled offworld.
As a member of Corona Squadron, Yendor flew under the callsign "Corona Two" piloting the T-65B X-wing starfighter during various engagements with Imperial TIE fighter squadrons. After Thane admitted that he had met his lover Ciena Ree, an active Imperial Navy Lieutenant Commander, on the planet Jelucan, Yendor joined his comrades in expressing their dismay. When Yendor suggested that the "Imperial woman" would have killed them, Kyrell defended his actions and stressed that none of his wing mates were endangered.
Yendor and his fellow pilots later flew in a dogfight in the Hudalla system, narrowly escaping an Imperial ambush. Yendor later participated in the Battle of Endor, a major victory for the Rebellion that ended in the deaths of Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader. Yendor continued his service after the Rebel Alliance was transformed into the New Republic. After the Contessa left Corona Squadron to stand for the presidency on her homeworld, Yendor took over the position of Corona Leader, defending the Mid Rim planet of Naboo from invading Imperial forces.
After driving off a third Imperial attack on Naboo, Yendor invited his fellow pilots to visit the Gungan city of Otoh Gunga to try out a local dessert that took four hominids to eat and was reputed to induce its consumers into a sugar coma. However, Thane declined because he was still mourning for Ciena, whom he believed had perished during the Battle of Endor. During the Galactic Civil War, Yendor spoke to Princess Leia Organa at least a dozen times and the two became acquaintances.
Return to RylothEdit
In the year 5 ABY, Yendor fought along with a rebel group against Imperial remnants on Ryloth. His group was one of the first to discover the Empire had abandoned their garrisons on the planet, and that Ryloth had regained its independence. Yendor was then elected as Ryloth's ambassador to the still forming New Republic. After the New Republic relocated its capital to Nakadia, Yendor was spotted by the former Imperial loyalty officer Sinjir Rath Velus chatting with Senator Nim Tar.
- "Today Rinnrivin's cartel presents a danger to Ryloth's future, and to free trade in our part of the galaxy. Tomorrow, however, it could threaten the rule of law in the New Republic itself, as the Hutts did in both the Old Republic and the Empire. There, I ask for the Senate to investigate the reach and influence of Rinnrivin DI's cartel and to take the actions necessary to restore order, on behalf of the Twi'leks of Ryloth—but for the benefit of us all. [sic]"
- ―Yendor addressing the New Republic's Galactic Senate
Following the end of the Galactic Civil War, Yendor continued to serve as Ryloth's emissary for the following twenty-four years. While Ryloth did not join the New Republic, the planet still traded with the new galactic government. About six years before the destruction of the Hosnian system, Ryloth's offworld trade and economy was threatened by the smuggling operations carried out by the Kajain'sa'Nikto crime lord Rinnrivin Di's cartel. In response, Yendor was dispatched by his government to the Galactic Senate on Hosnian Prime to appeal to the Republic for help.
During a Senate hearing, Yendor stressed that the New Republic had pledged to ensure that organized crime would not become as powerful as during the Age of the Empire. While the Republic had promised financial regulations and comprehensive patrols of the shipping lanes, these regulations were only enforced sporadically and no patrols had been dispatched to Ryloth for the past twenty years. Yendor's report was greeted with apathy from several Centrist and Populist senators, who questioned the accuracy of his information and insisted that the Senate had no jurisdiction because this was an intrasystem matter.
However, the Populist Senator Organa and her Centrist colleague Ransolm Casterfo agreed to investigate Rinnrivin's cartel on behalf of the Galactic Senate. Their mission took them to Bastatha where they discovered that Rinnrivin maintained a base on the subterranean world. As their investigation continued, Organa's pilots Joph Seastriker and Greer Sonnel discovered that Rinnrivin's cartel had links to a paramilitary group called the Amaxine warriors.
Yendor later greeted Leia when she and her entourage including C-3PO visited Ryloth to search the planet's archives for information about Rinnrivin. Upon receiving Leia, the two former comrades chatted about their time at Echo Base and Corona Squadron. Yendor also greeted C-3PO, whom he recognized from his Echo Base days. After meeting Joph and Greer, Yendor led his guests to the archives, which consisted of paper scrolls and documents. There, the New Republic officials discovered that Rinnrivin was a minor spice broker who had inexplicably become the leader of a major crime syndicate in the past seven to ten years. Later, Leia and Casterfo discovered that a mysterious entity was using Rinnrivin's cartel and the Amaxine warriors as proxies to destabilize the New Republic.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "See-Threepio, human-cyborg relations. Though we have meet before, Emissary Yendor. We work together on recalibrating the thermal units for Echo Base one afternoon precisely five days after our arrival on Hoth. May I say it is a pleasure to see you again?"
"How could I ever have forgotten that day?"
- ―C-3PO and Yendor discussing the past
Yendor was first and foremost a pilot, and far more comfortable in that role than as a soldier or any kind of general. However, he firmly believed in the Rebellion's cause, and was willing to do whatever was required of him to help defeat the Empire. As a dedicated rebel pilot, Yendor despised the Galactic Empire and failed to understand his squadron mate Thane Kyrell's love for the Imperial officer Ciena Ree. Yendor regarded his fellow Corona Squadron pilots including Thane as friends and once invited them to try out a Gungan dessert following the Naboo Sieges.
Yendor was initially reluctant to serve as an ambassador, but ultimately acclimatized well to the role, passionately defending Ryloth's rights in the Galactic Senate. As Ryloth's emissary, Yendor was concerned with advancing his planet's independence and economic interests. He viewed Rinnrivin Di's cartel as a threat to Ryloth's independence and well-being. Despite the passage time, Yendor had a good memory and could recall meeting fellow rebel veterans like Senator Organa and C-3PO during the Galactic Civil War.
Skills and abilitiesEdit
Yendor was a skilled pilot and gunner, and a competent leader, despite his reservations. He also grew into an effective diplomat as a member of the New Republic senate, convincing at least Princess Leia of the threat posed by Rinnrivin Di.
Behind the scenesEdit
Yendor first appeared in Lost Stars, a young adult novel written by Claudia Gray as part of Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Yendor later appeared in Gray's second novel, Bloodline, and in a brief interlude in Chuck Wendig's Aftermath: Life Debt, where he was given the role of ambassador.
- Lost Stars (First appearance)
- Lost Stars webcomic (First pictured)
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Bloodline
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 Lost Stars
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY and the events of Shattered Empire, Part IV, which take place three months after the battle, to 5 ABY. Furthermore, the novel Aftermath states that months have passed since the Battle of Endor, while Aftermath: Life Debt begins two months after the end of Aftermath. Therefore, the events of Aftermath: Life Debt begin at least four months after the Battle of Endor, which corresponds to 5 ABY. Additionally, Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Jakku, as depicted in Life Debt's sequel, Aftermath: Empire's End, to 5 ABY as well, thereby firmly placing Aftermath: Life Debt in 5 ABY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ Aftermath: Empire's End