|Distance from Core||
35,000 light years
|Points of interest|
Less than 200,000
Yinchorr was the homeworld of the reptilian Yinchorri species which gradually organized themselves into rival city-states. According to ancient epochs, Tol-Kachorn was the strongest of these, with almost one hundred small communities providing it with resources and five lesser city-states serving as service centers. Several other polities tried to challenge the supremacy of Tol-Kachorn, confrontations that sparked wars of conquest that always ended in the defeat of the contender—and the reign of chaos.
Circa 500 BBY, Yinchorr was charted by the Galactic Republic. Alien scouts decided that the Yinchorri were too underdeveloped to be useful to the Republic, and the planet was deemed too deficient in resources to be useful for a settlement. On the scouts' advisement, the Republic disregarded the world. Around 58 BBY, the Yinchorri joined the galactic community, but most planetary representatives assumed that the species would go unnoticed in the grand scheme of galaxy-wide politics. The Yinchorri officially became members of the Republic in 33 BBY and they were eventually given representation in the Galactic Senate.
The same year provoked by Darth Sidious, they attacked the Jedi Temple. The Jedi attempted to negotiate, but met only hostility. As a result of their actions, the homeworld of the Yinchorri was placed under interdiction by the Galactic Republic 33 BBY.
The Imperial Governor Marcellin Wessel held the Yinchorri Council of Elders hostage: in exchange for the Council's release, the Yinchorri attempted to deliver Leia Organa captive to the Empire. In the end, the Empire slaughtered the Council, and the Yinchorri rebelled. As a result, the Empire devastated the world, destroying its main city, Tol-Kashorn. It was during this battle that a young soldier, Redd Wessel, first came to the attention of his superiors.
- "An Imperial base these past seven years and HQ for the 407th Stormtrooper Division"
- ―Anson Trask
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars 86: The Alderaan Factor, the planet was originally spelled "Yinchor".
The Essential Atlas places Yinchorr in the Expansion Region; however, Ultimate Alien Anthology says that the planet is located in the Outer Rim Territories, whereas A Two-Edged Sword and the map in Star Wars Insider 65 put it in the Mid Rim.
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 1
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 2 (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 3
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 4
- Star Wars: Republic 40: The Devaronian Version, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- A Two-Edged Sword
- Star Wars 86: The Alderaan Factor (First appearance)
- Crimson Empire 0 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Crimson Empire
- The Bounty Hunters: Kenix Kil (Appears in flashback(s))
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood (Mentioned only)
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 4: Noob
- Alien Anthology
- Handbook 2: Crimson Empire
- "Shining Stars"—Star Wars Insider 52
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "A Long Time Ago...."—Star Wars Insider 107
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 22
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Alien Anthology
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Ultimate Alien Anthology
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File 107 (YIN1-2, Yinchorri Starfighter)
- ↑ Jedi Council: Acts of War
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: The Devaronian Version
- ↑ Star Wars 86: The Alderaan Factor
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy 4: Noob