Ylesia was the homeworld of the nonsentient reek, an ungulate species raised on ranches on the planet and its Codian Moon. The creatures were exported to numerous worlds, including Ithor, Iridonia, and Geonosis, resulting in various breeds used for a wide array of purposes.
Old Republic EraEdit
- "Let's see, three bricks of spice out to Ylesia, then with the turnaround...um, no, no, that won't work..."
- ―Quello going over his lists of shipping.
Four thousand years before the Galactic Civil War, Ylesia was already one of the major spice-production worlds in the galaxy, with the product being shipped from Kessel or Ryloth, processed and then a number of spice-runners making the journey from there to Nar Shaddaa dealing in warm slave bodies on the return trip to work the Ylesian spice factories.
In 10 BBY, the Besadii Hutts controlled the planet and purported it to be a religious retreat, but it was in fact a scheme to trap willing slaves in order to process spice. The Besadii would use male t'landa Til to produce what they called the Exultation, a contrived religious ceremony that would grip most sentients in a powerful and addictive pleasure.
The t'landa Til of Ylesia would go on "missionary" journeys, giving the Exultation to crowds. This taste of the Exultation was often enough to ensnare those who were looking for something more to life. Workers were tricked to the planet, becoming "pilgrims" of the "Cult of The One and The All". The pilgrims were then exploited as slaves in the planet's numerous spice processing factories. One such victim was Bria Tharen. During this period, the planet was ruled by High Priest Teroenza, the leader of the cult. Han Solo's first piloting job was on Ylesia.
During the following years, the fledgling Rebel Alliance mounted several more or less successful attacks on the planet, disrupting the spice production and reducing profits but generally causing little lasting damage. Rebel and Imperial forces were engaged in a skirmish there in 1 BBY, resulting in the capture of the frigate Salvation. In 0 BBY, however, a Rebel and smuggler raid, led by Han Solo and Bria Tharen, succeeded in shutting down the factories, at least temporarily, and freeing the slaves, and Teroenza was killed.
During the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, Ylesia was taken from the Hutts. It was given to the Peace Brigade to use as their headquarters. A raid by the New Republic, in which Jaina Solo was present, resulted in the capture of the Peace Brigade president, Thrackan Sal-Solo.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Paradise Snare states that Ylesia had no moon; however, The New Essential Guide to Alien Species states that the Codian Moon was a moon of Ylesia. The Essential Atlas presumably places the Codian Moon in the Codia system on the opposite side of the galaxy.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- The Paradise Snare (First appearance)
- The Hutt Gambit
- The Force Unleashed II novel (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Dawn
- Underworld: The Yavin Vassilika (Mentioned only)
- Scoundrels (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Journal: Hero for Hire (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Ylesia
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Aurra Sing: Dawn of the Bounty Hunters
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Han Solo: The Early Years"—Star Wars Insider 106
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 24
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.36
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Lords of Nal Hutta, p. 86
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 4.14 4.15 4.16 The Paradise Snare
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 The New Jedi Order: Ylesia
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ The Hutt Gambit
- ↑ The Force Unleashed II novel
- ↑ Rebel Dawn