- "Story heard I once. From my master. True or not, I do not know. But good story. Listen you will."
- ―Yoda, to Luke Skywalker
A member of the Jedi Order took on Yoda as a Padawan more than eight hundred years before the Galactic Civil War, a galactic power struggle in which the Rebel Alliance waged a rebellion against the Galactic Empire in an attempt to restore democratic rule to the galaxy. That Jedi once told Yoda an insightful story about a Jedi named K'ungfu. Centuries later, Yoda, now the last Jedi Master in existence, told his master's story to Luke Skywalker during the latter's Jedi training on the planet Dagobah in the year 3 ABY.
Behind the scenesEdit
Yoda's Jedi master was first mentioned, albeit unnamed, in The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?, a canon book for young readers which retells the events of the 1980 film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. The book was written by Adam Gidwitz and released on September 22, 2015.
Within the Star Wars Legends continuity, however, Yoda's Jedi master was established as "N'Kata Del Gormo," a male Hysalrian Jedi Master, according to an in-universe legend. The character was created by Chuck Hamilton, a Star Wars fan, for the backstory of his Hysalrian entry in the "Design An Alien" contest held in the Star Wars Galaxy Magazine. Hamilton's entry was given an honorable mention in the sixteen years and older category, and was included in the ninth issue of the magazine, released on October 1, 1996.
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Design An Alien"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 9
- ↑ screenshot) . “Galaxy magazine "Design an Alien" N'Kata Del Gormo being Yoda's Master, when mentioned, is treated as in-universe legend.” (