Yoda's lightsaber was the personal shoto-style lightsaber of Yoda, the last Grand Master of the Jedi High Council. In keeping with its owner's stature, the green-bladed weapon had a shorter-than-average hilt and shorter blade, similar to a shoto.
What made Yoda's lightsaber unique was its scaled-down size. Aside from that particularity, the weapon had a simple design, consisting of a studded chrome handle with black trim and an emitter shroud. It contained a kyber crystal that put forth a bright green plasma blade.
Like many Jedi did for hundreds of years, Yoda built his lightsaber under the aegis of Professor Huyang, an architect droid who had been with the Jedi Order since its nascent days. As a first step, Yoda managed to acquire a kyber crystal from the icy caverns of Ilum, a mission that proved to be very eventful.
In the years of the Clone Wars, the green-bladed saber served its master well on multiple occasions. However, Yoda eventually lost his weapon when he dueled the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious in the Senate Building. When Sidious unleashed bolts of energy to disarm him, the Jedi Master lost his lightsaber, which fell to the ground below.
After the rise of the new Galactic Empire, Grand Vizier Mas Amedda spoke to a gathering of citizens on Coruscant about the end of the Jedi Order and the supposed freedoms that the Empire would bring to the galaxy without the Jedi. He had a collection of lightsabers from fallen Jedi, including Yoda's lightsaber. These lightsabers were burned as part of the public demonstration, and their kyber crystals caused a large explosion of energy during the gathering.
- Star Wars 26: Yoda's Secret War, Part I (Cover only)
- Star Wars 27: Yoda's Secret War, Part II (Cover only)
- Star Wars 28: Yoda's Secret War, Part III
- Star Wars 30: Yoda's Secret War, Part V
- The Prequel Trilogy Stories
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Jedi of the Republic—Mace Windu, Part V (Appears through imagination)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gathering"
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Teach You, I Will"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 1: The Chosen One, Part I
- "There is Another"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- William Shakespeare's The Clone Army Attacketh: Star Wars Part the Second
- William Shakespeare's Tragedy of the Sith's Revenge: Star Wars Part the Third
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Exit from Endor" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Crisis on Coruscant" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Yoda's lightsaber)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 1: The Chosen One, Part I
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones