Yoda's lightsaber was a lightsaber constructed and wielded by Yoda, last Grand Master of the Jedi High Council. In keeping with its owner's stature, the green-bladed weapon had a shorter-than-average hilt and shorter blade, similar to a shoto.
What made Yoda's lightsaber unique was its scaled-down size. Aside from that particularity, the weapon had a simple design, consisting of a studded chrome handle with black trim and an emitter shroud. It contained a kyber crystal that put forth a bright green plasma blade.
Like many Jedi did for hundreds of years, Yoda built his lightsaber under the aegis of Professor Huyang, an architect droid who had been with the Jedi Order since its nascent days. As a first step, Yoda managed to acquire a kyber crystal from the icy caverns of Ilum, a mission that proved to be very eventful.
In the years of the Clone Wars, the green-bladed saber served its master well on multiple occasions. However, Yoda eventually lost his weapon when he dueled the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious in the Senate Building. When Sidious unleashed bolts of energy to disarm him, the Jedi Master lost his lightsaber, which fell to the ground below.
- Star Wars 26
- Star Wars 27
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gathering"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- William Shakespeare's The Clone Army Attacketh: Star Wars Part the Second
- William Shakespeare's Tragedy of the Sith's Revenge: Star Wars Part the Third
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Exit from Endor"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Yoda's lightsaber)