- "Command station, this is ST-321, code clearance blue. We are starting our approach. Deactivate the security shield."
- ―Yorr to Death Star Command.
Yorr was a Human male captain who served the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War between the Empire and the Rebel Alliance. He was a member of several important and influential organizations within the Empire such as the specialized Imperial Demonstration Team, and Onyx Squadron. He was also the pilot of Darth Vader's shuttle prior to the Battle of Endor.
Yorr was a Human male who at some point before the Battle of Endor was a member of a specialized group within the Imperial Military known as the Imperial Demonstration Team. He also served as a test pilot on various TIE prototype starfighters. Yorr became a member of a starfighter squadron within in the Imperial Navy known as Onyx Squadron. During his time with Onyx squadron Yorr's call sign was Onyx 2, and he served alongside his wingman Colonel Jendon. He had scored at least twenty-four combat victories while he was still part of Onyx squadron. Because of the devastating blow to the Empire in the Battle of Yavin, Yorr was among the thousands of Imperial Academy cadets who were rapidly advanced into service.
In 4 ABY Captain Yorr was the pilot of Darth Vader's shuttle, ST 321, on its way to the Imperial superweapon, Death Star II. Upon arriving at the station Yorr and his copilot Jendon made final readings, monitored descent functions. It was a sequence they'd each performed a thousand times. Yorr requested clearance to land and transmitted the transmission code. The port controller, Endicott, said that the shield would be deactivated when the code was confirmed. Biting the inside of his cheek and smiling nervously at Jendon, Yorr told him to hurry saying that their passenger was in no mood to wait.
Personality and traitsEdit
Yorr was a Human male with brown hair and brown eyes. He had a light skin completion. Yorr was worried about how Vader might react while having to wait to land, and was afraid to look at the Dark Lord himself during the flight.
Behind the scenesEdit
Yorr made his first appearance in the novelization of Return of the Jedi. Yorr appeared in Richard Marquand's 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, where he was portrayed by actor Jasper Jacob. Jasper spent two days filming his work during March 1982. Jasper had a hard time memorizing his dialog. This lead to them having to do many takes, but director Richard Marquand was very understanding. The scene Jasper appears in as Yorr was cut down to only a few lines. The script for Return of the Jedi is featured on Star Wars: Behind the Magic where Yorr is mentioned. He would also be featured in the junior novel as well.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Captain Yorr) (First identified as Yorr)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Onyx 2)
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- X-Wing Miniatures Game – Lambda-class Shuttle Expansion Pack (Card: Captain Yorr)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Captain Yorr)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Onyx 2)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novelization
- ↑ Jasper Jacob - Captain Yorr - Shuttle Pilot - ROTJ. Retrieved on August 16, 2012.
- ↑ Star Wars: Behind the Magic