|Type of deity||
Creator god, chief deity
Creation of other gods, universe, life
|Chronological and political information|
|Era(s) of worship|
|Area of influence|
- "…the great god, Yun-Yuuzhan, who shaped the universe from his body."
- ―Vua Rapuung
According to legend, Yun-Yuuzhan sacrificed his body parts to form the universe, the lesser gods, and the Yuuzhan Vong. In honor of his sacrifices, the Yuuzhan Vong in turn sacrificed body parts—and living beings—in remembrance of his act of creation. He was revered formally on the holiest days on the Yuuzhan Vong calendar; such dates were the occasions on which rites and sacrifices devoted to him were conducted.
Furthermore, according to the Yuuzhan Vong beliefs, the creator god contained all knowledge of the universe which he kept to himself. However, he was robbed of some of this information by Yun-Harla who in turn provided it to Yun-Ne'Shel and she gave it to the Yuuzhan Vong. Thus, the shaper caste believed that knowledge was incapable of being created and that innovation was considered heresy.
The Yuuzhan Vong were named for him, and it was a sacrilege to simply refer to them as "Vong" (which many in the galaxy did). Only the Supreme Overlord of the Yuuzhan Vong could address him, and the Supreme Overlord was ritually scarred and modified to resemble Yun-Yuuzhan.
- Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (First mentioned)
- Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (as a statue)
- Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Mentioned only)
- Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (Mentioned only)
- Emissary of the Void (Mentioned only)
- Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- Traitor (Mentioned only)
- Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream (Mentioned only)
- Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand (Mentioned only)
- Destiny's Way (Mentioned only)
- Force Heretic I: Remnant (Mentioned only)
- Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
- Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)
- The Final Prophecy (Mentioned only)
- The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)