The Z-95XT Trainer was a training model of the Z-95 Headhunter. It possessed a second seat for a passenger such as a flight trainer, but lacked the standard Z-95's concussion missile system. They were often used by the Rebel Alliance for ferrying personnel in-system or between ships within the same fleet, in addition to their stated use of personnel training.
The lasers could be set to only illuminate a target, and therefore not damage it. While still under suspicion of being an Imperial sleeper agent, Captain Tycho Celchu was assigned a Z-95XT that had been rigged with a remote detonator for his training missions with the reconstituted Rogue Squadron in 6 ABY.
- X-Wing: Rogue Squadron (First appearance)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 136 (HEA 1-2, Z-95 Headhunter)
Notes and referencesEdit