A non-lethal melee weapon, the Z6 baton was comprised of a central shaft terminating in two contact conductor vanes capable of resisting the plasma blade of a lightsaber. These collapsible vanes sparked with electric currents while in use, and delivered a stunning shock against opponents. The weapon was held via an adhesion grip that was capable of being magnatomically paired with the gloves of a First Order stormtrooper. This magnetic grip allowed the baton to be spun in combat.
The riot control stormtroopers of the First Order were trained to use non-lethal equipment as part of riot-control tactics, and utilized the Z6 baton, often in conjunction with a lightweight composite betaplast ballistic riot shield. The Z6, capable of shocking and stunning an opponent during combat, was used by FN-2199, a trooper of the FN Corps, against the defector FN-2187 during the Battle of Takodana. Nines attacked Finn with his baton, pummeling the traitor's lightsaber until he was shot by a Wookiee bowcaster fired by Han Solo.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- The Force Awakens, Part IV
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Z6 riot control baton)
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75139 Battle On Takodana)