Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "The surprise coup attempt by Admiral Zaarin, former head of research and development for starfighter technology, has left Imperial forces on the defensive. His inside knowledge of the Empire's key military industrial facilities leave them extremely vulnerable to attack."
- ―Imperial officer
The Zaarin insurrection was a conflict that raged during 3.5 ABY when Grand Admiral Demetrius Zaarin's forces seceded from the Galactic Empire and began harassing it militarily as a splinter government. They fought the Empire mainly in the Outer Rim Territories and had dealings with the Alliance to Restore the Republic, though remained independent of them. Zaarin led breakthroughs in TIE Series fighter research, and thus used TIE/D Defenders and TIE/ad starfighters, more advanced than most fighters the loyal Navy could put up. Despite the technological advantage, they were ultimately defeated. Their defeat was largely credited to the service of TIE pilot ace Maarek Stele.
- Treachery at Ottega
- Strategic Warfare
- T/D Technology
- New Threats
- The Hunt for Zaarin
- Prelude to Endor
- The Emperor's Will
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (First appearance)
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See "Ottega system" or "Zaarin")
- TIE Fighter Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide