The Zabrak Tystel Mark III, or Zabrak Tystel Mark 3, was a powerful heavy blaster pistol model in use during the Jedi Civil War, a conflict between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic. Around the time of the war, the Zabrak Tystel Mark III was sold on the black market by members of the Zabrak species, who killed a large number of pirates who were attempting to steal Mark III shipments. The weapons were still in use at some point after 3662 BBY, and the Human mercenary Corso Riggs was familiar with them by the time of the Galactic War fought between the Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire.
The Zabrak Tystel Mark III, also spelled Zabrak Tystel Mark 3, was a type of heavy blaster pistol that was much more powerful and accurate than many of the more common heavy blaster pistol designs of its time. However, the weapon had an effective range of twenty-three meters, which was comparable to more common models. It fired red energy bolts, which caused brute-force damage to the blaster's target. The barrel of the Zabrak Tystel Mark III was gold in color, while the parts of the gun around the handle and trigger were metallic green. Human-sized species could wield the pistol with one hand. The weapon could do considerable damage to an individual's face.
Around the time of the Jedi Civil War, a conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, the Zabrak Tystel Mark III was used in various areas across in the galaxy. The weapon was sold by members of the Zabrak species, who killed a number of pirates who attempted to steal shipments of the pistols. Not caring who bought the weapons as long as the sellers got paid, the Zabrak offered the Mark III on the black market. In 3956 BBY, Mark IIIs sold for around 1,500 credits each. One of the pistols found its way to the Upper Shadowlands of the planet Kashyyyk, where an individual who possessed the weapon had died, leaving it on the corpse. During the same year, another of the pistols was located in a settlement headed by a Rakatan known as the One on the planet Lehon. The weapons were still used in the galaxy at some point after 3662 BBY. By the start of the Galactic War started between the Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire in 3642 BBY, Corso Riggs, a Human mercenary partner of a smuggler working for the Republic, was familiar with the weapon and its capabilities.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Are you really willing to gamble that I don't have at least one man who could blow your brains to jelly in a single shot?"
"You ever seen what a Zabrak Tystel Mark 3 does to a man's face?"
- ―The smuggler captain and Corso Riggs threatening Lieutenant Palinx onboard the King's Ransom
The Zabrak Tystel Mark III first appeared in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, a 2003 video game produced by BioWare. In the game, it was only found on a corpse in the Upper Shadowlands of the planet Kashyyyk and in a footlocker located in the One's Rakatan settlement on the Unknown World. Compared to the generic heavy blaster pistol from the game, the weapon had an increased attack bonus and had a small increase to its energy damage value, as well as a physical-damage bonus. The game does not specify whether or not the Zabrak designed the Mark III; it only states that they were selling it.
In 2011, the weapon was mentioned again in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a MMORPG produced by BioWare that was a sequel to Knights of the Old Republic. In the game, the weapon's name was spelled "Zabrak Tystel Mark 3" and could be mentioned in "Heist of the Millennium", a quest for players of the smuggler class. The weapon is only mentioned if the player has Corso Riggs in their party and chooses the light side path of a conversation with Lieutenant Palinx, an Imperial who attempts to stop the player while they sneak aboard the Imperial treasury starship King's Ransom. With any other companion or alignment choice, the Zabrak Tystel Mark 3 will not be mentioned, and it is not mentioned in any other conversation in the game.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide dates the events of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to 3956 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic simply calls the planet the "Unknown World," but it was later given the name Lehon in Darth Bane: Path of Destruction.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Smuggler Mission: "Heist of the Millennium" on The King's Ransom
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic—The Knights of the Old Republic instruction manual gives the range of a heavy blaster pistol as twenty-three meters.
- ↑ The Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia establishes 3662 BBY as the birth year of Corso Riggs. As he was familiar with the capabilities of the weapon, he must have seen or heard about one at some point in his life.
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.