- "Traveling all over the galaxy like that, taking care of business—it sounds important."
- ―Bangel speaks enviously of Seastriker's work
Zari Bangel was a female pilot who flew in the New Republic's starfleet. In 28 ABY, she was stationed on the Republic's capital world Hosnian Prime. There she and several of her colleagues took note of how close their fellow pilot Joph Seastriker had come to the senatorial staff of Princess Leia Organa, with whom he was secretly working on an investigation into the criminal Rinnrivin Di. While Seastriker was working on his X-wing starfighter in the Senate hangar, she commented on how he had been sharing drinks with Organa's staff and how unusual his prolonged service to a specific senator was. Envious of Seastriker's seemingly important work, she and a number of others made clear that they wanted in on the action, prompting Seastriker to take down their names, but reveal nothing more. When Organa then formed the Resistance following the end of the investigation into Di, Seastriker personally vouched for Bangel and some of the other pilots on the list, and they were invited to join the Resistance, attending the organization's first meeting in a hangar that Organa had privately leased. While in the Senate hangar bay, Bangel wore a tool belt.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Bloodline (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Bloodline
- ↑ screenshot) The tweet in question states that the events of Bloodline take place six years before the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of The Force Awakens take place in the year 34 ABY and so using simple math it can be concluded that the events of Bloodline take place in 28 ABY. . “So excited to have @claudiagray writing a #StarWars novel with us. SW: New Republic: Bloodline coming 2016. Set 6 years before TFA.” (